Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gigablue ue 4k - connecting as SDR only not HDR?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Gigablue ue 4k - connecting as SDR only not HDR?

Have had this receiver for a few days now just, messing around with picture settings for a while now.

Have to say I’m not very impressed with the picture quality and have just discovered it’s not connecting to my TV in HDR quality, SDR only.

When I flick between my Apple TV 4k and this (when on a 4k channel), there is quite a difference.

Am I missing something here, or is there a way to make this receiver output in HDR or is simply not capable of doing so?

If it’s not I’m afraid it’s being returned and replaced with a Vu+ 4k receiver .

Using latest vix image btw, but I’m nearly sure it was the same when I tried Team Blue image when I first connected the receiver.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Not even a Ultimo 4K outputs in HDR. No e2 4k receiver will out in HDR if watching HD.

I've got GB and top end VU+, PQ is comparable, all good. If your not happy with the GB you won't be happy with a VU+. I'd suggest you look at your TV settings / enhancments etc....
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

deckymckeown (29-01-19)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    I’ve just checked a vu uno 4K se and Ultimo4k on freesat 4K uhd channel, even that isn’t broadcard in hdr.

Both LG TV’s are hdr capable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thank you for your reply and that’s good to know. It was a 4k channel I was using it on though. I kept the same settings on TV for this HDMI port as I use for the Apple TV so direct comparison .

I will try to adjust the settings to other settings again though and compare the picture quality. I’m thinking I might just send it back anyway though because I like the feel of the Vu receivers and have used them the last number of years.

Can’t get the usb cable tuner working on this either (although I’m not sure if replacing with Vu receiver will solve this either).

Just noticing on the Vu website though that Vu Uno Se 4k states it can output in HDR? Strange

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just seen your post above too, thanks for trying that . I’m now wondering why it states that it does on the Vu website. Could this possibly refer to it being capable of displaying a movie from the HDD maybe in HDR as opposed to a live broadcast ?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    If it’s not broadcast in hdr no receiver output hdr!

What usb tuner do you have?

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Dvbsky cable tuner. But can replace the tuner if needs be

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks

Gigablue ue 4k - connecting as SDR only not HDR?

Why not buy single or twin hybrid tuner that fits internally? Much better than usb.

Try openatv that might support that tuner.

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I tried it on openatv, receiver won’t boot with it connected. Openvix, i can see it in tuners but it makes Sat Tuner A become disabled.

Tried it on Team Blue, let’s me scan full cable services but the likes of a free cable channel bbc1 etc won’t display

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I’ve made my mind up, the Giga blue is going back to Amazon. Solo uno 4k ordered from here so all good

Thank you for your advice regarding HDR

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    No guarantee your usb tuner will work with the vu+. You might have to buy the vu usb tuner.

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yeah I know that mate. Will wait and see. Guess I prefer the Vu receivers anyway after testing this one.

No harm done

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Personally I like the Gb ultra ue 4K and the quad 4K, I think they’re good versatile receivers.

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    There is an issue with USB tuners. This has been reported to GigaBlue.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

deckymckeown (30-01-19)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    There is an issue with USB tuners. This has been reported to GigaBlue.
    Not only GB, many receiver has USB tuner issues in 5.2 with OE-A 4.2.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

deckymckeown (30-01-19)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast