Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Connected usb dvbsky cable tuner, inbuilt Sat Tuner A dissapears

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Connected usb dvbsky cable tuner, inbuilt Sat Tuner A dissapears

Hi

I bought a Gigablue UE 4k Sat receiver which came with 2 fbc sat tuners. When I downloaded the drivers for dbvusbsky cable tuner and connect the tuner, the sat tuner A disappears on the receiver, leaving me with sat tuner B only as a physical tuner (can still the remaining virtual fbc tuners). I can successfully scan the cable tuner so I know it is compatible.

This messes with my setup as I can no longer access my sats, tuner B was set up as a second cable of motorised dish. Even when I amend tuner B to advanced I still cant access the sats when I previously could.

When I remove the usb cable tuner my setup returns to what it was before. I am currently using the latest openvix image. When I tried openatv 6.2 image, the receiver will not boot when I have the cable tuner connected.

I am guessing that I am possibly exceeding the number of tuners when I connect the usb cable tuner? However when I try to disable tuner B before I connect the cable tuner I still have the same issue.

Is there a way to prevent the usb cable tuner from becoming Tuner A, as this seems to be whats causing my actual sat tuner A to "disappear".

Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have just read my post and it reads somewhat confusing. In basic terms :

- adding dvbsky cable tuner to this receiver causes the inbuilt sat tuner A to be disabled.
    - dvbsky tuner then becomes tuner A
    - due to motorised setup I can no longer access any sat channels even through tuner B which was set as second cable of motorised setup

Is there a way to force dvbsky tuner to become tuner C or D for example?