Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: 65” Oled TV Sound Sync Issues – Advice

Title
    Thanks

65” Oled TV Sound Sync Issues – Advice

Morning All, I have since the last Thursday a new 65” Oled TV which replaced my Samsung KS9500 TV which did not have any sync issues.

What I noticed immediately (apart from the great picture) was the way out lip sync issues between TV and my VU+Solo 2

As a starting point I left my VU+Solo 2 sound settings as they were based on my Samsung viewing experience which was all OK, my question to the forum members who have a Oled TV is this a normal experience as I have read on some forums that Oled TV's do have some forum of sync issues and I guess I now need to adjust some of the many delay/increase sound options both inside the VU+ and on the TV in order to get the picture and sound in sync.

I do not have the VU+ connected to a home cinema amp, the VU+ is going directly into the HDMI 1 Arc input on the TV (All HDMI are Arc enabled.

Any help or advice which sound options/format I need to adjust to bring the sound back in sync would be more then appreciated, of course I am trying to sort it out for myself .

If I have posted this in the wrong section then in advance, sorry.

Thanks
    John .

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I have an LG 4K OLED tv and no issues via both methods which are 1/ Direct to TV or 2/ Directly into my 4K Onkyo Amp. I always use Option 2 so I get cinema surround. My settings are also as per ViX default settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Andy,

Many thanks for your reply which I will look at but at the moment I have a somewhat old Arcam AVR600 which does not have a return channel for sound via the TV Arc settings that is why I am now looking to order a new Denon AVC-X6500H with more up today HDMI switching options.

I seem to be getting nearer to good lip sync synchronisation as I am now adjusting the AC3 option on both the VU+ and the TV……still working on adjusting the sound as I write but thanks for your feedback

Regards
    John

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John57 View Post
    Andy,

Many thanks for your reply which I will look at but at the moment I have a somewhat old Arcam AVR600 which does not have a return channel for sound via the TV Arc settings that is why I am now looking to order a new Denon AVC-X6500H with more up today HDMI switching options.

I seem to be getting nearer to good lip sync synchronisation as I am now adjusting the AC3 option on both the VU+ and the TV……still working on adjusting the sound as I write but thanks for your feedback

Regards
    John
    Dont know which Denon you are looking at, but I was really pleased when my fortunately short lived Denon was struck by lightning and I coukd replace it with another Onkyo!!
    Whatever receiver I have had (and thats a few) I have never had lipsync issues with my TV‘s .
    I would (with no experience) be suspicious of the ARC setup but then again I have always used a tuner amp between sat receiver and TV.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Having a demo of the Denon AVC-X6500H on Thursday so I hope its what I am looking for both in terms of Home Cinema and two channel stereo sound.

The 65”Oled that I have has four HDMI inputs of which all four inputs are ARC compliant but only input 1 & 2 are full HDR compliant. I seem to have sorted the lip sync now not by using the VU+ settings but using the Digital offset within the TV menu system……still experimenting though.

Looking to add a Apple 4K TV next week in order to view Netflix and have access to my FLAC music library via a external HD.

Regards, John