Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn2 View Post
    I did submit a ticket to their system, but I've heard nothing back, not even an automated reply. Maybe they only accept German tickets. Maybe I wasn't clear enough about the issue. Maybe they are working hard to fix it. Who knows?
    I think it requires a lot of peeps moaning for them to do anything, the tuner issue was widely reported in Germany and "fixed" pretty quickly, but we should not be seeing the issues we are on a box that is this old in the first place TBH. Hope for your case it is sorted

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jenseneverest For This Useful Post:

Glenn2 (06-02-19)

Forum Supporter
    Donated Member

Thanks
    Just for info. My pic playback is totally smooth.

Only problem that's started happening for me is, sometimes when I play something back, either the sound goes in the first 5 secs, or occasionally the pic goes black. When this happens, rewinding 15 secs (which is what my num 1 key is set to) fixes it, although often I have to do this twice. This also happens after I resume playing from pause.

Strange thing is, it only started happening in the past two weeks after I ftp'd some vids to the box. Initially I thought it was those vids, but no, any show I've recorded on the box. While I upgraded to the latest ViX today (still happening), this is the first time I've upgraded since getting the box in a couple of months ago. Strange it was fine the first 6 odd weeks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojustaboo View Post
    Just for info. My pic playback is totally smooth.

Only problem that's started happening for me is, sometimes when I play something back, either the sound goes in the first 5 secs, or occasionally the pic goes black. When this happens, rewinding 15 secs (which is what my num 1 key is set to) fixes it, although often I have to do this twice. This also happens after I resume playing from pause.

Strange thing is, it only started happening in the past two weeks after I ftp'd some vids to the box. Initially I thought it was those vids, but no, any show I've recorded on the box. While I upgraded to the latest ViX today (still happening), this is the first time I've upgraded since getting the box in a couple of months ago. Strange it was fine the first 6 odd weeks.
    This to me sounds like the exact same issue, I reckon it's just that your TV deals with it differently.

When I get the juddery picture, I can switch to another HDMI input, switch back, and now it's smooth. It's as though it fails to lock onto the juddery signal sometimes and if you try again it's OK (sometimes). Skipping back and forth also cures (or breaks) it, same as you.

I bet that your TV is also having trouble locking onto this bad signal but it just creates different symptoms on your TV.

Next time it happens, instead of pausing or skipping to re-sync, try switching your TV to another input (or to its own tuner) and then back again. I bet you now have a picture even though you didn't touch the Gigablue this time (maybe have to do it more than once though).

Forum Supporter
    Donated Member

Thanks

Next time it happens, instead of pausing or skipping to re-sync, try switching your TV to another input (or to its own tuner) and then back again. I bet you now have a picture even though you didn't touch the Gigablue this time (maybe have to do it more than once though).
    OK, will try later and get back to you

Forum Supporter
    Donated Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojustaboo View Post
    While I upgraded to the latest ViX today (still happening), this is the first time I've upgraded since getting the box in a couple of months ago.
    Strange it was fine the first 6 odd weeks.
    It's been reported that 5.2.014 is ok (23/11/18) and the problem starts in 5.2.015 (27/11/18), so it probably depends which release you were last on.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Ojustaboo (11-02-19)

Forum Supporter
    Donated Member

Thanks
    Yep, changing the hdmi input to something else and back again, fixes it.

My TV is Sony KD-49XF9005

Thanks
    Well that's at least four of us now then, yet no noise on the German forums!

Thanks to google translate I've looked in the openatv forums for both UE 4K and QUAD 4K and also the Teamblue ones (although oddly one of the Teamblue ones needs a password and the other does not).

Using 5.2.014 is OK for now but the plug-in tuner bug is still in that one and it crashes if you move off the edge of the epg. I might try an earlier one when I can be bothered.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 Times in 1,129 Posts
    I live in Germany and if this was a general issue they would be screaming their heads off.... as I might as I have both boxes... but have no issues whatsoever.
    Have you tried OpenATV because the way they handle the hdmi interface is different... would be interesting to know...... although it could be just down to the differences between European boxes and those made for the UK (partly joking - although there are usually different model versions for each area.)
    Last edited by twol; 13-02-19 at 17:59.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    Edision Osmio 4K using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Octagon SF8008 DVB-S2X tuner using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Dinobot Mini 4K (C/S) into Giga 4K.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I live in Germany and if this was a general issue they would be screaming their heads off.... as I might as I have both boxes... but have no issues whatsoever.
    Have you tried OpenATV because the way they handle the hdmi interface is different... would be interesting to know...... although it could be just down to the differences between European boxes and those made for the UK (partly joking - although there are usually different model versions for each area.)
    I have tried:
    ViX - good before those drivers, bad after
    Teamblue - good before those drivers, bad after
    OpenATV - bad after (could not find any builds from before 23/11/18, latest versions bad)

Edit: anything that has these drivers (or later ones) is bad for me:
    [GigaBlue - gb7252] update gigablue-platform-util
    arn354 committed on 23 Nov 2018
    - fixed audio lipsync of satip client / e2 streaming client
    - fixed radio channel playback
    - fixed audio control of spdif
    - fixed video aspect ratio
    - fixed fbc cable

Edit2: we have seen that it affects different TVs differently, so perhaps some not affected at all (i.e., more forgiving of bad signals).
    Last edited by Glenn2; 13-02-19 at 18:19.

Thanks
    I have tried:
    ViX - good before those drivers, bad after
    Teamblue - good before those drivers, bad after
    OpenATV - bad after (could not find any builds from before 23/11/18, latest versions bad)

Edit: anything that has these drivers (or later ones) is bad for me:
    [GigaBlue - gb7252] update gigablue-platform-util
    arn354 committed on 23 Nov 2018
    - fixed audio lipsync of satip client / e2 streaming client
    - fixed radio channel playback
    - fixed audio control of spdif
    - fixed video aspect ratio
    - fixed fbc cable

Edit2: we have seen that it affects different TVs differently, so perhaps some not affected at all (i.e., more forgiving of bad signals).
    The thing that strikes me is that changing the hdmi input can fix the issue - this is not going to change what is happening on the GigaBlue side - although debug logs might be useful before and after the issue fix (by changing hdmi inputs) just too see how the GigaBlue handles the reconnection.
    So you would have to run with debug logs (which I do all the time without any issue) and after fixing the issue post the log here.
    If you can provide this I will have a look to see if there is anything obvious... you might have to pm me to say there is a log!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    The thing that strikes me is that changing the hdmi input can fix the issue - this is not going to change what is happening on the GigaBlue side...
    It also works the other way. If I'm playing back a recording and it's actually playing smoothly, I can switch to another source on my TV, switch back and now it may be all jumpy. There's obviously something very different about the HDMI signal of live TV versus recording/timeshift (i.e., live vs file playback).... and some TVs don't like it.

So far we have a
    Panasonic (juddery)
    LG OLED (juddery)
    Sony (black screen or no audio)
    There was a 4th but I'm not sure he said what make his telly was.
    Last edited by Glenn2; 13-02-19 at 18:44.

Thanks
    ..and still nothing from them regarding the ticket I submitted...

Thanks
    ..and still nothing from them regarding the ticket I submitted...
    Have to say that they are not great at responding .... doesn‘t mean they are not doing anything .... its just that (sometimes) it just pops out .... but not sure what is better, some promise a lot and never deliver.
    I feel the issue is that really I only see this issue here on OPenViX forum not on other forums.
    ... but you really have differences eg German HD is at 720p50 not at 1080 (not that I have an issue with either)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Forum Supporter
    Donated Member

Thanks
    I hope this issue is now going to be looked at since it is now being reported on the GigaBlue Forum. https://www.gigablue-support.org/gig...ig/?highlight=

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dntaylor For This Useful Post:

Glenn2 (14-03-19)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dntaylor View Post
    I hope this issue is now going to be looked at since it is now being reported on the GigaBlue Forum. https://www.gigablue-support.org/gig...ig/?highlight=
    Brilliant! Now they've all got the problem!
    We will surely see it get fixed now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast