Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kodi shuddering

Title
    Thanks
    Same here same issue.....haven't tried with latest drivers yet but playing files from a remote NAS server (via samba) and also from a remote tvheadend server via Kodi's pvr.hts results in a lot of stuttering making the film unwatchable. Same files/tvheadend channels play smooth in enigma2 built in player. It has to be some kodi/sf8008 comptabaility issue

Title
    Thanks
    Try taking HQ scaling from 20% to 0% see if that helps, as its not actively upscale
    Turn on Refresh Rate to Always
    Try Enigma2 player as extplayer3 or gstplayer3 via service app and see if teh same

Try few things with the files you know cause teh issue and see if anything resolves.

Title
    Thanks
    clutching at straws that though, overall Kodi is better on my Vu+ and Mutant for addons I use.

Title
    Thanks
    Did scaling and refresh rate and didn't make a difference. How do you do the other bit?

Title
    Thanks
    Just been having a little play, as videos would not play from Plex plugin from a share I have, but fine from own media.

So I actually disabled - Hardware acc - HIPLAYER

HQ scalers - I left at 20% for time being
    Adjust refresh rate - as always.

Now my plex files play.

But tested Deadpool 2 at 1080 p and 5.1 audio and it plays better, no little frame rate drops so far or judders in which its a fast moving movie (hence testing via that)

My serviceapp via enigma2 is set at extplayer3 also.

Not saying change to that, just always worth trying few things at own ends as may differ and help, at least until it can be looked at again etc.

That's how it was set on short test.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by danny121pt; 22-01-19 at 02:11.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    I've done some tests, I think the issue is with the Hicilicon Hiplayer that Kodi uses, (at least thats what I think its using).

Same files that stutter in Kodi do not stutter in Dreamplex or the standard E2 movie player.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (22-01-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    I've done some tests, I think the issue is with the Hicilicon Hiplayer that Kodi uses, (at least thats what I think its using).

Same files that stutter in Kodi do not stutter in Dreamplex or the standard E2 movie player.
    It is easy to fix?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire View Post
    It is easy to fix?
    No idea, it’s a software bug that engineers need to sort out. Sent octagon a video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    No idea, it’s a software bug that engineers need to sort out. Sent octagon a video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brilliant. Thank you

Title
    Thanks

Hi mate, you should try disable hardware accer - hiplayer like pic I posted above, then exit kodi, go back in and try that same media see if does the same for you.

Worth a go, as I had play in early hours and HIPLAYER was black screen and sound on a plex share and stuttury on some 1080/5.1 media not in plex addon, but in short test after seemed ok for a bit.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to danny121pt For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (22-01-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Tried everything and still the same. Any fix yet?

Title
    Thanks
    pls test with today drivers kodi issue, should be fixed.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...r-SF8008/page9

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Octagon-Germany For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (21-03-19),ixprun (10-05-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12