Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Streaming via OpenWebif and jumping/skipping in time

Title
    Thanks

Streaming via OpenWebif and jumping/skipping in time

Hi all,

When I stream recordings over WebIf and using VLC, it's not possible to jump to a specific time in the recording. Is this a general problem or something that can be solved?

Best regards,

Carsten
    VU+ Duo2 , 2 x internal DVB-C tuners, 1 Sundtek USB DVB-C tuner. 2TB WD hard drive

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by panch View Post
    When I stream recordings over WebIf and using VLC, it's not possible to jump to a specific time in the recording.
    I can (vlc on Linux, Xtrend et8000 or Miraclebox Twin box, but doubt that would affect things).

Well, I can within the accuracy of where I can click in the time-line across the bottom.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    do you use normal or transcoded stream?

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I can (vlc on Linux, Xtrend et8000 or Miraclebox Twin box, but doubt that would affect things).

Well, I can within the accuracy of where I can click in the time-line across the bottom.
    I think the OP was referring to the VLC menu item Menu -> Playback -> Jump to specific time which doesn't work with my ET10000 and Webif streaming to VLC

Like you, I can click on the bottom time line at any point and the video will jump and play from that position.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

birdman (17-01-19)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    The goto feature in Media Player Classic works ok when streaming from OpenWebif.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by panch View Post
    When I stream recordings over WebIf and using VLC, it's not possible to jump to a specific time in the recording. Is this a general problem or something that can be solved?
    Just might be a bug in vlc?

I've just streamed a programme and skipped using the time-bar (which works). That sends an HTTP request mid-stream to request a new byte range. (Ran a network trace to look for it).
    When I requested jumping to a specific time no HTTP request was sent at all.

Code:
    https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/21790#ticket
    Last edited by birdman; 20-01-19 at 16:28.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD