Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Streaming issue with Kodi/Android

Title
    Thanks

Question Streaming issue with Kodi/Android

Hey All,

Encountering an issue lately where I am unable to open any streams from my HD2400.
    Running OpenVix 5.2.022 and have 3 tuners installed 2xDVB-S2 and DVB-C/T2.

I have set up the box in Kodi via the Vu+ Kodi addon and the plug in pulls the bouquet and the EPG dta and populates it.
    But when I select a channel it just displays the play icon for a second or 2 and reverts to a black screen.

I have also tried to add the box to the Dream Player app, and a very similar outcome occurs.
    The app populates picon, channel and EPG data but any attempt to actually play a stream gives a "Video cannot be played" message with an error code of "MP state 6"

Now it has been quite a while since I've shared the satellite box to my kodi clients, but I've never encountered this issue before.

Has anyone encountered similar?
    Is there a workaround to allow the HD2400 to be accessible to Kodi devices?

Title
    Thanks
    Answering my own question here thanks to an old thread on a similar issue.

Seems that I encountered a bug/issue whereby despite stream authentication being disabled in OpenWebIF, that it was enabled in the "Customize" menu.
    I ho[e this is of some use to anyone encountering similar issue

Quote Originally Posted by pembo View Post
    you've probably got authentication for http streams turned on... it's within the customize menu. you can set this in openwebif also...