Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Can you have non-vix files in Vix Image on USB drive?

Title
    Thanks

Question Can you have non-vix files in Vix Image on USB drive?

When installing Vix you need to put the vuplus folder on a USB drive. If I have other personal files such as Word documents on the drive as well as the Vix image then will the receiver still detect the Vix image?

Can I have 2 partitions on the drive 1 for Vix and another for my personal files and will the receiver still detect the Vix image?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Presumably you are talking about a USB device for flashing. You can have other files on the USB flash drive. Not sure about partitions.

However, I would not flash by USB unless I had no choice. There are plenty of threads on the forum regarding flashing using Image Manger and Automatic full backup.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFan View Post
    Can I have 2 partitions on the drive 1 for Vix and another for my personal files and will the receiver still detect the Vix image?
    Not worth it.
    The unzipped image file will create a top-level directory (named after the box hardware you have) so is self-contained hence there's no need to create a separate partition for it.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    as said no need to have more partitions as long as the flash drive is FAT32 formated.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Presumably you are talking about a USB device for flashing. You can have other files on the USB flash drive. Not sure about partitions.

However, I would not flash by USB unless I had no choice. There are plenty of threads on the forum regarding flashing using Image Manger and Automatic full backup.
    What's wrong with flashing by USB? I've done that for years without problems.

I tried searching for Image Manager but couldn't find any instructions. Do you have a link please? Does it allow you to flash via FTP?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFan View Post
    What's wrong with flashing by USB? I've done that for years without problems.

I tried searching for Image Manager but couldn't find any instructions. Do you have a link please? Does it allow you to flash via FTP?
    "What's wrong with flashing by USB? I've done that for years without problems." - Nothings wrong - providing it works, for many people it doesn't..
    ImageManager - menu/setup/Vix ------> Backup settings (green button) ------------> ImageManager, yellow button - download latest ViX image (red button to exit back to main menu), Blue button (Flash Image) - wait for receiver to be flashed and reboot.

Easy really,... perhaps it might work for you!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

7. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

SkyFan (05-01-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Does the Backup Settings option create a backup image of Vix with all my settings?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    settings backup creates s settings backup.

in image manager, there is an option to create an image backup.

link to video guides in my signature