Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: AutoTimer issue - again

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments

Thread: AutoTimer issue - again

Title
    Thanks

AutoTimer issue - again

Hi
    Not going to be my year!

After the previous exception, I just used manual Timer setting, and then immediately encountered yet another anomaly.

Tried to set an AutoTimer on "New: Police Interceptors " - Thurs 20:00 Channel 5HD using box usual methods. (NOTE: the trailing space.)

After edit and confirm with green button, got a dialog 'Question - did I want to remove trailing space' - yes/no - tried yes - no joy - redid using no - still no joy. BTW: how on earth is the user expected to know which option to choose?Ended up doing it from WebIFand managed to set it up. Seems WebIF dealt with the trailing space itself and AutoTimer added OK.
    There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't ......

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    There's a fairly recent discussion about trailing spaces in titles, I'll see if I can find it.

Didn't take long....

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...ing-Autotimers

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

leshay (03-01-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leshay View Post
    After edit and confirm with green button, got a dialog 'Question - did I want to remove trailing space' - yes/no - tried yes - no joy - redid using no - still no joy. BTW: how on earth is the user expected to know which option to choose?
    It does seem an odd option.
    Either you are doing an exact match (when a trailing space isn't what you want at all) or you are doing a partial match, when a trailing space just forces the last word to be matched as a complete word rather than also as a prefix. Given that the latter is extremely unlikely to be what is desired.
    Perhaps removing the option (and related code) totally would fix several problems at once?
    Last edited by birdman; 05-01-19 at 02:59.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    Yet another - not much point in starting another thread is there!
    This time, added an AutoTimer from WebIF - just as I have done with severalpreviously - this time, got an on screen message about AutoTimer.xml is corrupt (see attached).
    When I checked the AutoTime.xml - it had a header but no body. When I cheked the AutoTimer.xml_old - it was a purely blank file.
    Thank goodness I had already backed up AutoTimer.xml which got everything back once copied over.
    Err.jpg

How on earth do you delete images which are no longer needed in a post?
    Last edited by leshay; 05-01-19 at 01:03.
    There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't ......

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leshay View Post
    How on earth do you delete images which are no longer needed in a post?
    Settings (top right) -> Attachments (near the bottom, left)
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

7. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

leshay (05-01-19)