Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: AutoTimer exception

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments

Thread: AutoTimer exception

Title
    Thanks

AutoTimer exception

Hi
    I have been using my own app for interaction with the box (EPG/Timers etc), but not dealing with the box AutoTimers.
    Been a long time since I tried the AutoTimers on the box and I thought I would give it a go again (I had issues previously).
    Not a good start. I set up a few AutoTimers and everything was going well - until I added an AutoTimer for 'Melissa & Joey' using WebIF. The AutoTimer was addded succesfully and I then tried the WebIF 'Parse' function which produced the attached error.
    I vaguely remember having issues with the ampersand character, could that still be an issue here? That was the only AutoTimer addition that caused the exception, but it was repeatable with that programme name.
    NOTE: the exception is being displayed on screen and there is no Log written on the box. (presumably this means the issue is with WebIF)
    Capture11`.jpg
    There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't ......

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    What happens if you add the autotimer using the "usual" epg interface?

Just tried it - 26 timers set, E4 only, any time, no errors reported.
    Last edited by ccs; 02-01-19 at 19:29.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    Yes, added a few via the usual box method and all OK. After trying with the one above via WebIF, I then added a few more via WebIF and they seem OK. It was only the Melisaa & Joey that seemed to be the issue (at least so far anyway). I suspect the ampersand character?
    There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't ......

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    OpenWebif issues can be reported here....

Code:
    https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2openplugin-OpenWebif/issues?page=1&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    I can reproduce this.
    You have to add the AT for "Mellisa & Joey", select it as the active one in the OWI editor, then click on "Parse".
    The error message does show up in the debug log (if you have it enabled).

< 467.735> [Task] >>> Error: [<Components.Task.FailedPostcondition instance at 0x702994e0>]
    < 467.737> [Task] job Components.Task.Job name=AutoTimer #tasks=18 completed with [<Components.Task.FailedPostcondition instance at 0x702994e0>] in Components.Task.Task name=Show results
    < 467.737> [Task] unrecoverable task failure
    < 467.739> AutoTimer
    Error: [Failure instance: Traceback: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>: Request.write called on a request after Request.finish was called.
    /usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py:801:__bootstrap_inner
    /usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py:754:run
    /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/_threads/_threadworker.py:46:work
    /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/_threads/_team.py:190:doWork
    --- <exception caught here> ---
    /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/python/threadpool.py:250:inContext
    /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/python/threadpool.py:266:<lambda>
    /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py:122:callWithContext
    /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py:85:callWithContext
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoTimer/AutoTimer.py:748:JobMessage
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoTimer/AutoTimerResource.py:37: parsecallback
    /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/web/server.py:234:write
    /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/web/http.py:1025:write
    ]< 467.740>
    < 467.742> [Task] not retrying job.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I can reproduce this.
    You have to add the AT for "Mellisa & Joey", select it as the active one in the OWI editor, then click on "Parse".
    The error message does show up in the debug log (if you have it enabled).
    Hi

Does that show the box is at fault, or that WebIF is at fault?

Title
    Thanks
    If you add the AT, restart the GUI then run Parse it seems to be OK.

The log preceding the other bit I posted (along with the error message) shows the actual problem.

< 459.663> [eEPGCache] lookup events with 'Have I Got a Bit More News for You' in title (ignore case)
    < 460.272> [Task] job Components.Task.Job name=AutoTimer #tasks=18 completed with [] in None
    < 460.277> [eEPGCache] lookup events, title starting with 'Horizon:' (ignore case)
    < 460.834> [eEPGCache] lookup events with 'I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue' in title (ignore case)
    < 461.394> [eEPGCache] lookup events, title starting with 'Match of the Day 2' (ignore case)
    < 461.952> [eEPGCache] lookup events with 'Melissa & Joey' as title (case sensitive)
    < 462.642> [eEPGCache] lookup events, title starting with 'Mock the Week' (ignore case)
    < 463.274> [eEPGCache] lookup events with 'Only Connect' in title (ignore case)
    < 463.871> [eEPGCache] lookup events with 'Premiership Rugby' in title (ignore case)
    < 464.466> [eEPGCache] lookup events with 'Rugby' in title (ignore case)
    < 465.084> [eEPGCache] lookup events with 'The Big Bang Theory' in title (ignore case)
    < 465.825> [eEPGCache] lookup events with 'The News Quiz' in title (ignore case)
    < 465.982> [AutoTimer] We found a timer with similar description, skipping event
    < 466.496> [eEPGCache] lookup events with 'The Now Show' in title (ignore case)
    < 467.064> [eEPGCache] lookup events with 'University Challenge' as title (case sensitive)
    < 467.735> [Task] >>> Error: [<Components.Task.FailedPostcondition instance at 0x702994e0>]
    < 467.737> [Task] job Components.Task.Job name=AutoTimer #tasks=18 completed with [<Components.Task.FailedPostcondition instance at 0x702994e0>] in Components.Task.Task name=Show results
    < 467.737> [Task] unrecoverable task failure
    The task claims have finished at 460.272, but then tryies to finish again later (467.737) which is what throws the error.

Can't think of a reason why....
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leshay View Post
    Does that show the box is at fault, or that WebIF is at fault?
    Neither. It's enigma2 that is at fault.

Although if I try to reproduce this at the moment I don't get the crash and all is OK (which is a pity as I'm actually trying to test something where I really do want it to crash and was hoping this would provide a simple example...).
    Last edited by birdman; 07-01-19 at 00:47.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Neither. It's enigma2 that is at fault.
    Possibly - possibly not...

Although if I try to reproduce this at the moment I don't get the crash...
    I appear to be able to reproduce it now. It's nothing to do with any particular AT.
    If you click "Parse" twice in quick succession you send two requests, and they appear to get wrongly intertwined somewhere.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

leshay (07-01-19)