Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Set up help for new GB E2 box + motorised dish

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micscave View Post
    As far as Vhannibals settings is concerned, I use this but have it set to manually update and not auto.

I then use ABM and have that set to remember other settings so that it doesn’t wipe out Vhannibals settings and in my case have (Sky / Virgin) ABM always on top.

If you let Vhannibals auto update it’ll wipe out your ABM settings every time. You can set it not to but it’s a bit of a faff I find. Run it once or twice a week and if it needs updating then .et it do it’s thing and then re run ABM straight after.

Just wondering if your installer was my installer also seeing as it’s the same mistake, what part of the country are you in?
    Hi

Thanks for sharing! I have (so far) swapped around with a couple of Settings Files (such as Catseyes) and come back to VHannibal as it seems to be more comprehensive and easier to find things.

In time, as I learn how to, I will tweak the file to reflect my own favourites and preferences.

I hadn't noticed an auto-update setting - where do I find that?

I looked at ABM when I first started up the box but not twigged that you can use it in conjunction with a loaded settings list - how handy!

I've come over from a TM7102 so on the E2 learning curve but love the near instant loading/tweaking settings over the network from my laptop.

I'm in North Shropshire - you?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goldnet View Post
    Hi

Thanks for sharing! I have (so far) swapped around with a couple of Settings Files (such as Catseyes) and come back to VHannibal as it seems to be more comprehensive and easier to find things.

In time, as I learn how to, I will tweak the file to reflect my own favourites and preferences.

I hadn't noticed an auto-update setting - where do I find that?

I looked at ABM when I first started up the box but not twigged that you can use it in conjunction with a loaded settings list - how handy!

I've come over from a TM7102 so on the E2 learning curve but love the near instant loading/tweaking settings over the network from my laptop.

I'm in North Shropshire - you?
    Yes you can use both. I find it the best way, you can keep ABM on top for Sky / Virgin / Freesat and Vhannibal underneath and not have to worry about changing anything, it just works.

I’m in Staffordshire myself, could be Rick as I know he gets out into Shropshire.

Auto update in Vhannibals is on the left hand side of the main control screen. If you do use it in conjunction with ABM you can have it set to save other settings ie ABM but you have to tick every entry in ABM. If there is ever a new section added to that you might miss it when Vhannibals auto updates. That’s why I manually update Vhannibals and then run ABM Straight after to reinstate it. You can let ABM auto update but make sure in the settings to keep none ABM settings.

Hope this helps

3. The Following User Says Thank You to micscave For This Useful Post:

goldnet (05-01-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    I used to manually download Vhannibal's motorised pack and just use the lamedb file.

Title
    Thanks
    I’m in Staffordshire myself, could be Rick as I know he gets out into Shropshire.

Auto update in Vhannibals is on the left hand side of the main control screen. If you do use it in conjunction with ABM you can have it set to save other settings ie ABM but you have to tick every entry in ABM. If there is ever a new section added to that you might miss it when Vhannibals auto updates. That’s why I manually update Vhannibals and then run ABM Straight after to reinstate it. You can let ABM auto update but make sure in the settings to keep none ABM settings.
    Hi again

Sorry - total Enigma newbie you're talking to here! What do you mean by "main control screen" - the OpenIF interface on my PC or a setting onscreen accessed from the remote? Can you guide me through the sequence to locate that Auto-update entry for VHannibal?!

ABM is currently set (onscreen via menu) to Keep all non-ABM bouquets=YES

My installer was not Rick - guy called Peter!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I used to manually download Vhannibal's motorised pack and just use the lamedb file.
    So just download latest update and FTP the lamedb file across to which folder? I've been using e-channelier to read the complete pack and transfer to the GB. I like the sense of being in control of the data going across (and it's simple to adjust when I feel ready!)

Title
    Thanks
    /etc/enigma2

Option 1.
    Transfer with FTP client
    Reload with web browser (adjust ip address to yours)
    http://192.168.0.33/web/servicelistreload?mode=0

Option 2.
    Stop Enigma2 with init 4 command using Putty etc
    Transfer with FTP
    Restart with init 3 command using Putty etc

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Vhannibals is in plugins in the extensions list, just download it as a plug-in then you won’t have to keep connecting to your computer, you can just run it and update it from inside the plugin.

Title
    Thanks
    Vhannibals is in plugins in the extensions list, just download it as a plug-in then you won’t have to keep connecting to your computer, you can just run it and update it from inside the plugin.
    Hi - conflicting info I think? Abu advised me earlier in this thread to download latest VHannibal settings from his website, which I did. As I read it, Abu was suggesting the plug-in version is not updated as frequently as on the VHannibal site...

I'm happy to go with whatever works best! Perhaps I need to familiarise myself with the ABM and my own personal bouquet preferences first.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No problem but I find the plugin works well and is updated every few days.

Using the plugin just takes the faff out of keeping the other sats channels updated without having to keep searching for updates on line.

Each to his own I guess but I remember when I first started using these boxes, I was obsessed with keeping the channel list up to date. Having a motorised dish it was quite some task as well but all part of the hobby connecting to the box with the computer and being able to tweek this and that is why E2 boxes are so great.

But more and more plugins have come out over the years to make our life easier and I’ve embraced most of them along the way and whilst I love tinkering with these boxes, I also love these plugins that make life easier and the boxes are kept up to date on their own accord.

Try both ways and see which works for you, that’s what makes this hobby so great.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi - conflicting info I think? Abu advised me earlier in this thread to download latest VHannibal settings from his website, which I did. As I read it, Abu was suggesting the plug-in version is not updated as frequently as on the VHannibal site...

I'm happy to go with whatever works best! Perhaps I need to familiarise myself with the ABM and my own personal bouquet preferences first.
    I think you misunderstood. I was referring to the channel list on the image's plugin server. The ones you find under "settings".

Micsave is using Vhannibal's Auto Settings plugin. The plugin downloads directly from Vhannibal's server.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

cactikid (07-01-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I think you misunderstood. I was referring to the channel list on the image's plugin server. The ones you find under "settings".

Micsave is using Vhannibal's Auto Settings plugin. The plugin downloads directly from Vhannibal's server.
    Ah - think I see:

Abu - VHannibal plug-in loaded from within the Vix image
    micscave - the autosettings download from VHannibal
    me - I had downloaded the Enigma2 settings file from his website

There's a possible small fault on the GB which means it has to go back to WoS to be checked. While I am sure they can move the config across if they change the box, presumably, it's best I take a full backup of image and configuration to the internal HDD and a USB stick kept at home.

Thanks both

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No I use the plugin from the VIX image for Vhannibals, same as Abu.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts

There's a possible small fault on the GB which means it has to go back to WoS to be checked. While I am sure they can move the config across if they change the box, presumably, it's best I take a full backup of image and configuration to the internal HDD and a USB stick kept at home.

Thanks both
    Receiver will not be faulty, issue will be elsewhere.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Huevos (06-01-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Receiver will not be faulty, issue will be elsewhere.
    It's a thin vertical white line about 5mm in from the right hand edge of the stb screen (runs just slightly off half way through the last digit of the time when on standby).

WoS has raised a RMA for it to go back to be checked/replaced - they suggest a possible loose connection.

If there's a display test/reset I can try first, happy to do so...

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    No I use the plugin from the VIX image for Vhannibals, same as Abu.
    Ah - so I should probably add in the built-in VHannibal module then...

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast