Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Set up help for new GB E2 box + motorised dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goldnet View Post
    Ah - so I should probably add in the built-in VHannibal module then...

Thanks
    Yes download from the extensions section in plugins and use in conjunction with ABM, it’ll make your life a lot easier.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micscave View Post
    Yes download from the extensions section in plugins and use in conjunction with ABM, it’ll make your life a lot easier.
    Done - Motor+DTT Italia version as I couldn't find a motor only option in the list. I have also now made a couple of settings backups. I started one having gone into the backup option and selected all boxes - it was over 3GB when I cancelled it - I'm assuming it was also backing up the recordings files. FTP the standard backup across to my laptop in case anything goes awry with the return...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Bottom motor option 45E to 75W is the one I use.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I also use vhannibal update and found it handy on quad 13,19.2,23,28.2 and unknown to me had a you tube screen pop up,so not sure if i did something earlier on box or new update of channels.Webif to the rescue again.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldnet View Post
    It's a thin vertical white line about 5mm in from the right hand edge of the stb screen (runs just slightly off half way through the last digit of the time when on standby).

WoS has raised a RMA for it to go back to be checked/replaced - they suggest a possible loose connection.

If there's a display test/reset I can try first, happy to do so...

Thanks
    Sorry that's something different that wasn't mentioned in your post. I assuming it was your scanning/motor issue.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Sorry that's something different that wasn't mentioned in your post. I assuming it was your scanning/motor issue.
    No worries! I wasn't explicit... WoS sorting it and hope to have box back to me by the weekend. Have to say their customer service is top notch (so far!)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micscave View Post
    Bottom motor option 45E to 75W is the one I use.
    I didn't see that last night but maybe I had selected it previously (plug-ins then disappear from the lists) - before downloading from the VHannibal site. Seems simpler to install plug-ins than remove them! Anyway, think I know what to do and have taken backups for while the box is in transit to/from WoS (for checking a small problem on the display screen).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to goldnet For This Useful Post:

micscave (07-01-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Brief update - GB box returned to and by WoS - they replaced the LCD screen. My installer returned yesterday to tidy up cabling, fit flyleads etc. He didn't want to deal with the USALs coordinates issue as he said that meant realigning the dish - as it's tracking the arc perfectly, he said it makes little difference anyway.

So I'm set for continuing my explorations of matter E2! I found a first live opera feed last weekend doing a blind scan on the TM box. Need to try the comparable GB scan when I am next aware of a suitable feed. Anyone know a good reference for upcoming relays - I know Satelliweb - is there some email list I can subscribe to?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123