Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HDMI signal problem

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

HDMI signal problem

Hi Guys

THis is one of the strangest situation have experienced. I currently have a vu solo 2 in the living room which i use occasionally use when my parents are not watching. All of a sudden the HDMI is not working anymore on either of the ports. TBF the tv that in the living room is quite old. The model number is KDL-40V2500.
    I tried the solo 2 on two other TVS in my house. More recent smart tvs. The one in my room is 32LM620T. I have a similar TV in the extension. The HDMI picure comes on both these TVs but not on my Sony one. Why is this? The skybox which my parents use works fine on either HDMI port so the port is not faulty on the sony TV.

The maximum resolution the tv can take is 720 so i changed this on my own tv and then tried to plug it back into the sony TV but getting no picture

Anyone have any idea?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to joysleep1 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (20-12-18)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Sounds like an A/V setting on the vu solo 2, something the older tv isn't keen on.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Sounds like an A/V setting on the vu solo 2, something the older tv isn't keen on.
    But i swear it used to work before.. All of a sudden black screen. For a second i thought the HDMI on my solo 2 broke but i thought let me try the other two TVs and there is no problem

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Its not a full HD TV so if you have selected 1080p you wont see anything on the display. So check with a different TV that the output is 1080i
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Its not a full HD TV so if you have selected 1080p you wont see anything on the display. So check with a different TV that the output is 1080i
    I changed it to 720 because that is the maximum resolution that TV can take. I will try again let me see.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    ….OpenWebif can be used to try different settings without swapping tv's around.

Remember, unplugging active hdmi ports can do serious damage.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

ronand (20-12-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ….OpenWebif can be used to try different settings without swapping tv's around.

Remember, unplugging active hdmi ports can do serious damage.
    Oh I definitely switch the receiver completely off before removing the cable. Just can't work out why i get no picture on the Sony TV when a sky plus HD box does without problems

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    That'd only TV that I have that's not full 1080p resolution though

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The sky box probably only does 1080i so wont cause problems - satellite tv is not broadcast in 1080p. Also make sure you dont have auto-resolution enabled
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    OK so I'm going to try again with my Sony TV after dinner but I just plugged it into my 60 inch smart LG TV and it worked on hdmi port 1 but not on hdmi port 4.. Why is that the case?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The sky box probably only does 1080i so wont cause problems - satellite tv is not broadcast in 1080p. Also make sure you dont have auto-resolution enabled
    Ok so i enabled it to 1080i and cycled to 720p using openwebif and still no picture. Its like it works on random televisions on random HDMI ports. It works on some ports and not others. It just doesn't make sense why its doing this. The box is somehow faulty with particular HDMI ports and particular televisions.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    If my memory is correct some hdmi ports are set up as PC ports and so maybe different. You need to read the manual and check what they are for.
    Also use one hdmi cable you are absolutely sure is new and works, and use that across all TV‘S.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    If my memory is correct some hdmi ports are set up as PC ports and so maybe different. You need to read the manual and check what they are for.
    Also use one hdmi cable you are absolutely sure is new and works, and use that across all TV‘S.
    Yh I'm testing everything with the same hdmi cable. But still can't find out why it doesn't work on my Sony TV on either hdmi port 1 and 2 when I'm sure it was working before.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Maybe post a snapshot of the A/V settings on your vu solo 2?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Maybe post a snapshot of the A/V settings on your vu solo 2?
    It literally just says 720p with automatic resolution disabled. Now this works fine for the other tv's with certain ports but not at all on my Sony. Now the ports both work fine for my parents sky plus HD box so the ports are working. Strange

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast