Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: USALs no longer working after upgrade from 5.1.x to 5.2.018

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes

Thread: USALs no longer working after upgrade from 5.1.x to 5.2.018

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Post USALs no longer working after upgrade from 5.1.x to 5.2.018

System OE: OE-Alliance 4.2
    Firmware version: OpenViX 5.2.019 (2018-12-13)
    Kernel / Drivers: 3.13.5 / 20180319

Tuner A BCM7356 DVB-S2 NIM (internal) (DVB-S2)
    Tuner B BCM7356 DVB-S2 NIM (internal) (DVB-S2)

Motorised 1.2M dish driven by Technomate TM-2600 from a VU+ Solo2 using USALs (Simple Positioner). Been operational for possibly 5 years supported by you guys.

Performed an upgrade from 5.1.x to initially 5.2.018 and restored. Most plugins restored [obvious exceptions were IPTVplayer (now it's E2iplayer)]

I rescanned my satellites (range from about 35E to 30W) and had about 9000 channels. Once completed I rebooted the receiver and then got nothing.

Since that point I have been unable to get anything through the tuners and unable to drive the dish in any way possible. I wondered if I had issued the reboot someway through a motor calibration and it had shorted/stopped/broken/lost its bearings. The tuners themselves seem okay because If I connect it to a static 28.2 dish and reconfigure a tuner to match all FTA channels are viewable.

I ordered a new Technomate TM-2600 off Amazon prime (in case the original is not at fault) and connected it directly to one of the tuners (reconfigured back to Simple Positioner with original Lat/Long) on a short cable in front of the box/tv. I'm still unable to drive the brand new motor manually or through software with or without an LNB connected on the outbound motor feed. Both the original and new TM2600s light up green when being initialised by the tuner for approx. 5 seconds before the light goes out and they remain inoperative.

Trying the reset on both motors appears to make zero difference. I have since performed a software update to 5.2.019 still no change.

I'm stumped. Can anyone recommend a next step please?
    Resurrected Vu+Solo2 /1.2Mdish/TM2600/PannyGT50
    Vu+ Zero/1.2M dishslave/28.2/EpsonTW5300
    Firmware version: OpenViX 5.3.035 (2020-06-21) Driver date: 20190429 Kernel version: 3.13.5

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    No issues here, have Two motorised dishes with TM-2600 motors setup.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You have two tuners and only one motorised dish.

How many ports does your LNB have?
    Are both tuners connected to a signal wire?
    Please describe tuner configuration for tuner A.
    Please describe tuner configuration for tuner B.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks guys. Turned out to be Technomate TM-2600 had seized/stopped working/ignoring commands. It had been in active use for over 6 years so I guess its not a bad innings. Replaced with a new one, re-aligned dish and currently re-scanning sats/channels.

Merry Christmas
    Firmware version: OpenViX 5.3.035 (2020-06-21) Driver date: 20190429 Kernel version: 3.13.5

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Grinnders For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (22-12-18)

Title
    Thanks
    I’m having similar problems since updating my Vix image to 5.2.015
    I am now getting a lot of tune failed messages coming up when I change satellite positions.
    I have never been able to get my head around how to properly configure the dish using tuner config/ positioned setup and when I try using any of the Tune Autofocus Calibrate or Calculate settings I keep getting errors and aborting messages. If I fine tune the signal I can get it to go up from about 50% to 84% but when I move satellites and go back it goes back to the lower signal and tune failed and there doesn’t seem to be an option to save the fine tuning. Usuals is enabled on all sat locations. Also I think the strong wind might have moved the dish slightly but I can’t get to it to adjust it myself I had to get someone to install it. Can anyone point me to an up to date guide of how to correctly set this up from scratch and do it properly once and for all?
    Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ultimately I just switched out a motor for an existing reliable setup so a lot of the settings I could transfer over. But I stil had to realign it to direct South.

The key things are;
    1. Make sure your mounting pole is exactly vertical.
    2. Make sure the angle of the motor relative to the mounting pole is set correctly for latitude and elevation
    3. Make sure your satellite dish is mounted at the right angle (Azimuth)
    4. With motor set to 0 degrees east/west. Align dish to centre line of motor pole.
    5. With motor and dish tightened to each other, Manually swing motor/dish on mounting pole to exactly South. (put a compass on the centre line of your satellite LNB arm)
    6. I have a meter also (https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...evel-Indicator) connected inline between motor and LNB (temporarily) and then manually stepped the motor east and west to check I got 'hits' initially on 0.8W and then on other sats such as 9E 19.2E and 28.2E
    7. By lightly pressing the satellite dish top, bottom, right and left you can listen to the meter and work out whether the signal improves or reduces. If it improves you need to make a matching permanent adjustment by minor tweaks in your setup
    8. Chances are if the signal on 0.8W is strong and moving the dish a little only makes the signal poorer and then you swing it to some other satellite signal 'hit' perhaps 15-20 degrees away, and try the satellite pushes. If the signal is STILL strong on the other Sats you've probably got it as close as you need it.

Just to confirm I was replacing a Technomate TM2600 like for like which came with a manual to remind me of the steps. http://www.technomate-community-foru...nual-rar.1247/
    Last edited by Grinnders; 24-12-18 at 01:09. Reason: typos