Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Cant get unicable to work on mt TV

Ojustaboo

Cant get unicable to work on mt TV

Not massively important, just want it as an emergency backup.

Sony XF9005, according to specs its EN50494.

Setting it to single cable mode, it asks me

Single band or 2 bands (presume I set that to single as only have one cable going to TV, TV (has two ports)

Then it asks me which band I want (1.8)
    And what band frequency (these change when I select a different band number but can also be altered on their own)

But I don't see anywhere to enter a scr channel.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Ojustaboo
    I think I've sussed it. In the LNB box was a card with 24 userband ID's and frequency.

I picked band 4, set the frequency to 1075 Mhz as the card says, it's 11% through scanning and has found 103 services

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojustaboo View Post
    I think I've sussed it. In the LNB box was a card with 24 userband ID's and frequency.

I picked band 4, set the frequency to 1075 Mhz as the card says, it's 11% through scanning and has found 103 services
    Remember some of those bands should be allocated to your UHD UE 4K.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Ojustaboo
    Are the bands the same as scr?

Hence I make sure not to use scr4 (or same frequency I used on TV) when I set up my new box?

TV only has bands 1 to 8 to choose from

Thanks

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    User bands / scr the same. Just make sure you dont select a SCR that have been set on your Gigablue.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Ojustaboo
    Thanks. New sat box up and running perfectly. Oddly, tried old sat box on new TV first, and while I had ViX and sound, I had no pictures.

Still, that's in a box until after xmas when it will be going to the bedroom with a non 4k TV

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ojustaboo For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (12-12-18)

Ojustaboo
    A couple of questions if you have time, hope it's OK to put it here, it's sort of related.

I admit I haven't had a good look into it or read through parts of the forums that would help me, and will get around to that tomorrow.

3 tuners on new box

Tuner 1 & 2 give me 8 tuners on my fixed 28.2 dish (Tuners A to H).

Tuner 3 is set up as a positioner onto my motorised dish (Tuner I).

This evening I decided to have a play with the motorised dish, only had a very brief go, whenever I tried to do anything it said I had a recording in progress. I stopped just in case so my wife remained happy

I see there's a way of making a preferred tuner for recording, what I want is all the A - H tuners to be preferred, and never use the third tuner I ?

If for some reason the box was recording 28.2 on my third tuner, if I moved the dish, would the recording change to another available tuner, or would it stop? The simple answer of course is to just move it to another satellite so it's never used.

ps: while I don't need it as I have my new 4k sat box, paying almost £1000 for a Sony TV with two FBC satellite tuners, I find it a little off to find it doesn't have Freesat, and they have zero intention of ever implementing it. Can get loads of channels on it, but no epg, and no HD. Samsung TV I was initially looking at had Freesat HD, and when I saw the Sony had two FBC tuners, it never occurred to me to question it. Still, it's totally irrelevant for me with my new GB UHD UE 4K.

Thanks
    Last edited by Ojustaboo; 17-12-18 at 23:43.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    To rephrase, you don't want the motor to use 28.2 because you have plenty of 28.2 tuners. To achieve this, instead of just USALS, choose "USALS selecting positions". Enable all the ones that you want. (Sicilian mentioned this to you in your other thread.)

Freesat will charge the manufacturer more for the privilege of using their software

12. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post: