Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: SF8008 and AAC audio?

Title
    Thanks

SF8008 and AAC audio?

Hi;

Love this receiver and I hope Octagon reads this. Over here in the States we have a lot of radio channels multiplexed on transponders running AAC audio. These channels simply won't play on the Octagon. Matter of fact I don't think any of the Enigma2 images will work as I have not only tried OpenVix but many others. As I understand it AAC audio is basically a enhanced MP3 stream and with the Octagon having ffmpeg hardware support I have to imagine the receiver is capable of it. It will play mpeg radio streams just fine but it can't handle the AAC audio for some reason.

I'm wondering if there is an existing plugin that would help or a library that needs to be added through the portal or anything else that can be done to be able to get those streams? I've had this receiver for about a month and it's my favorite receiver now and even better than those that I have that cost 2x as much. It would be a fabulous receiver if it could handle that kind of audio. Not sure what kind of audio services you have off your transponder in Europe but wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Thanks much!!
    Last edited by Arion; 08-12-18 at 15:29.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Hi;

Love this receiver and I hope Octagon reads this. Over here in the States we have a lot of radio channels multiplexed on transponders running AAC audio. These channels simply won't play on the Octagon. Matter of fact I don't think any of the Enigma2 images will work as I have not only tried OpenVix but many others. As I understand it AAC audio is basically a enhanced MP3 stream and with the Octagon having ffmpeg hardware support I have to imagine the receiver is capable of it. It will play mpeg radio streams just fine but it can't handle the AAC audio for some reason.

I'm wondering if there is an existing plugin that would help or a library that needs to be added through the portal or anything else that can be done to be able to get those streams? I've had this receiver for about a month and it's my favorite receiver now and even better than those that I have that cost 2x as much. It would be a fabulous receiver if it could handle that kind of audio. Not sure what kind of audio services you have off your transponder in Europe but wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Thanks much!!
    Look at /proc/stb/audio receiver only suppports ac3 and dts (plus pcm)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    What radio channels do not play? Please be specific. I doubt AAC is the problem.

Title
    Thanks
    Well, over here in the States it's the many audio feeds on AMC-18 @ 105W. The mpeg music DMX feeds on 3740H Sr 30000 work fine but the AAC feeds on 4110V Sr 7136 for example and several other transponders don't work. There are well over 1000 radio feeds on that satellite and most of them only have activity for an hour or two a day but many of them are active 24/7 and they play on other receivers I have such as the ones running Spark firmware. If your on this side of the pond and want a specific one to look at you can try the Fox Talk channel on that transponder.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    AAC is not well supported on most enigma2 hardware that I can see - its nothing to do with the image AFAIK. You should be able to use AAC downmix to get some sort of sound. I dont know why AAC is used as its pretty poor quality. Thankfully its not widely used over this side of the pond except on DTT.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    My last blindscan of 105 West returned 3,440 channels or services.
    There is also a transponder on 91 West Ku band that has the same issue.
    Not all of the channels that have this problem are AAC audio, so that is not the issue because some of the MPEG audio will not play.

Some of my enigma2 receivers will play these channels. Other enigma2 receivers will not. I have been offered assistance in fixing this issue, but a TS or transport stream recording of a transponder with active channels at the time of the recording is needed. Currently I have nothing to record the TS. I do not normally listen to any of these radio channels, but it would be nice to see them fixed. If you are capable of recording the TS properly for one of these transponders then we might get it fixed. The bigger the TS file, the better, and the TS file will have to be on a transponder with active audio at the time the TS is made. Upload the proper TS file to the internet and send me a link. Best of Luck in getting this issue fixed! EB

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Currently I have nothing to record the TS. I do not normally listen to any of these radio channels, but it would be nice to see them fixed.
    Of course you do. You have enigma receivers.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

el bandido (08-12-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Lol
    But they will not record these audio streams. Not able to record using DVB snoop. Why? I dunno.
    I guess I need to buy TS reader and use TBS 5925? I am open to ALL ideas on enigma2 stream recording.
    Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    At work right now but wonder if it's possible just to record not the whole transponder but just the individual channel using the record function on the receiver along with an external hard drive. It should work I would think just like recording a video channel.

Title
    Thanks
    I do not think you understand what is needed.
    The stream needs to be recorded so it can be analyzed, not just an audio recording. Maybe Google TS capture as an example?

Title
    Thanks
    @Arion,
    I tested the Fox Talk Channel on 105W c band and find that it plays using the new Edision OS MIO receiver. I suggest you contact the person you bought the SF8008 from and see if the problem can be fixed, Or purchase a MIO.

@Huevos,
    Some of our TS tools for enigma2 do not work on c band or did not work for me. A solution that was supplied by Athoik works.
    opkg install dvbsnoop
    opkg install dvbapp-tests
    dvbsnoop -s pidscan| awk '/PID found/ { print $3 }' | xargs
    Example = test_dvr 103W_12145.ts 0 1 16 17 20 128 160 256 4109 4111 4113
    A combination of dvbsnoop to get the pids, and using the tools in dvbapp-tests to make the TS works. Thanks for your contributions to our side of the pond and to other parts of the world. EB

Title
    Thanks
    sure support AAC Audio, sf4008 and 8008 too, try audio trakc change and audio setups with Audio button. i test here with german channels, AAC audio works well

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Octagon-Germany View Post
    sure support AAC Audio, sf4008 and 8008 too, try audio trakc change and audio setups with Audio button. i test here with german channels, AAC audio works well
    ... there is no support in /proc/stb/audio for other than ac3 and dts
    Give me a german channel to test!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

15. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

el bandido (17-01-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Hi;

Thanks much!!
    In the UK AAC is used for teresstrail HD TV broadcasts. On my Enigma 2 Xtrend box DTS setting in Menu -> Setup -> Audio and Video has to be set to downmix.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)