Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: EPG not populating from saved data after deep standby

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments

Thread: EPG not populating from saved data after deep standby

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

EPG not populating from saved data after deep standby

Xtrend ET10000, Vix 5.2.17, skin VIX-night-HD (1280 x 720)

Satellite reception from 28.2E (Freesat)

I’ve been noticing that on the last few builds that my Graphical EPG is not always populated as the box boots from deep standby. The EPG is blank and populates afterwards as if it is gradually getting the EPG over the air.

I have the options to auto refresh the EPG every hour and to auto save every hour. I get the EPG over the air with EIT EPG enabled and Freesat EPG enabled. Both Cross EPG and EPG Importer are disabled.

If I try and test by going into deep standby and then re-starting the box a few minutes later the EPG still seems to be populated but if the box is put into standby each night and then left in this state for, say, 12 hours I’ve noticed that the EPG will be blank on the next boot-up.

If at this time I go to Menu/Setup/EPG/Load-save-delete and select Load EPG is still remains missing. Actually if the EPG is a tiny bit populated from re-fetching the EPG over the air before the Load EPG option is selected it doesn’t change this partial information.

So far it’s only a general observation as I haven’t systematically checked each time I’ve switched on the box. The only other variable that I haven’t checked is the difference between manually putting the box into deep standby and leaving it in this state for 12hours and leaving the box on and letting a power timer put it into standby after a few hours of not touching the remote followed by another power timer that then switches the box into deep standby 10 minutes later.

Just in case its related to a corrupt file I’ve stopped Enigma and deleted the EPG and then let it fully re-populate. For this I have used the two methods detailed in:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...890-Remove-EPG.
    This doesn’t seem to have made any difference.

The 3 screen shots show my configuration.

In case its related there is also a long standing annoyance with the Graphical EPG.

I have 4 tuners, 2 terrestrial for UK Freeview and 2 satellite for Freesat. 99% of the time I watch via satellite where all the relevant channels are in my Favourites Bouquet. On a day to day basis I go into the graphical EPG for this bouquet and its fully populated (apart from the start-up condition reported above).

If I then decide to go to my Freeview Bouquet and select the graphical EPG it will be completely blank. However selecting any TV channel from the EPG and then immediately re-selecting the graphical EPG it will now be fully populated. It as if if just selecting a new bouquet doesn’t load the relevant EPG until a program is selected. The box has obviously got a full 7 day copy of the EPG but doesn’t immediately load it into the EPG screen when it is first selected after a bouquet change.

I change Bouquets by having the first screen on pressing my EPG button bring up the list of Bouquets and on selecting the Bouquet it goes to the Graphical EPG screen.
    menu/setup/EPG/GraphicalEPG/show bouquets on launch = yes
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)