Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Slow through menus since middle release of 5.1

Title
    Thanks

Slow through menus since middle release of 5.1

Ok so I have been having this issue for a while and just wanted to report it and see if anyone else having the same problems.

I always keep my box up to date with the latest version of OpenVix. However since the middle of the 5.1 releases (can't remember which number) I had issues with the menus going slow, the box was very sluggish especially after adding a skin like vskin bolt etc. which is a pretty fast skin. Reverting back to an old version of 5.1 made the issue disappear. Last night my box stopped booting so i thought ok time to upgrade to the latest 5.2.017 which i did with no issues. However on boot the laggy menus are still happening. I know my box is powerful enough to handle the skin and the image so im not sure what is causing it. Would really like to keep up to date with the latest versions for bug fixes etc. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Have you overloaded your receiver with unwanted plugins etc? Your receiver isn’t powerful by todays standards of new receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Literally nothing else on the receiver flashed with the firmware. I know it isn't powerful by todays standards but it is more than powerful enough to run openvix latest build with no plugins. I have a micro as well which is far less powerful and runs quicker. Like i don't know what it doesn't like in the newer versions that it just starts lagging in menus. If i go back far enough in 5.1 it will stop the issue however i then have issues with ABM as it installs 2.8 and i can never get it to upgrade to 3.1 to read the new cable config.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    ABM update instructions are here....

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post449661

You still need to find out what the root cause of the lagging is - it doesn't really make sense at the moment.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Could be a driver issue. Maybe providing logs would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry only coming back now. I was making do with a 5.0 release . Then I noticed narrator was on and upgrading to 5.1 release was the fix however I can only see the later 5.1 releases in the archives. Is there anywhere i can get one of the first 5.1 releases ?

What's best way of getting the logs?