Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite List

Title
    Thanks

Favourite List

Hi All,

I’ve been using the ‘Favourite List’ method for some time now and I used a csv file to create it that I think abu baniaz posted but the file I am using I believe is now out of date as some channels have moved and others added.

Would anyone have the latest file I could use?

Thanks - Jason

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts

Favourite List

If you are using favourites.xml file, amend it with changes you need.

Can you upload the files you are using at the moment?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    If you are using favourites.xml file, amend it with changes you need.

Can you upload the files you are using at the moment?
    Yes I am using the favourites.xml file solution and I have upload my version of the working file of which I do use the 'XML tool' tab to make any adjustments but was wondering if there are any newer versions of the channels listed on the 'sat_282_sky_uk' tab
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    The numbers are different based on region and whether you use SD or HD numbering.

To update your file, copy the details from the csv file and paste into the tab of the excel file. Paste on C1. Columns A and B are formulas so don't paste on those.

Sorry, my dish is not connected so cannot do it for you. If you get stuck, upload the csv file too.

Title
    Thanks
    The numbers are different based on region and whether you use SD or HD numbering.
    yep got that.

To update your file, copy the details from the csv file and paste into the tab of the excel file.
    Which csv file are you referring to?

Sorry, my dish is not connected so cannot do it for you.
    No problem at all, happy to update my own file as I am all ok with the formulas and workings of the file, just needed the latest list as you mention from columns C-N

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeer View Post
    Which csv file are you referring to?
    Use one of the mix files in link below, it will generate the csv file for you. I recommend you do not use a custom region

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post391794

7. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

jbeer (02-12-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Use one of the mix files in link below, it will generate the csv file for you. I recommend you do not use a custom region
    Perfect thank you just what I needed thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Title
    Thanks
    I am hoping to use ABM to do something similar to above, but combining multiple sources e.g. Freesat, DTT and channels from 19E and 13E. Is the method outlined above the way to go, or would CustomMix be better?

Also, I would like that my Favourites would start with Channel 1 - BBC1 HD, Channel 2 - BBC 2 HD etc instead of 101, 102 etc. . If using the favourites.xml approach, could this be achieved by changing the 'target =' values?

<insert provider="sat_282_sky_uk" source="115" target="001"/><!-- BBC One HD -->
    <insert provider="sat_282_sky_uk" source="802" target="002"/><!-- BBC Two HD -->

Thanks in advance!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by apocentre View Post
    I am hoping to use ABM to do something similar to above, but combining multiple sources e.g. Freesat, DTT and channels from 19E and 13E. Is the method outlined above the way to go, or would CustomMix be better?
    No idea to be honest as I only use 1 feed source.

Quote Originally Posted by apocentre View Post
    Also, I would like that my Favourites would start with Channel 1 - BBC1 HD, Channel 2 - BBC 2 HD etc instead of 101, 102 etc. . If using the favourites.xml approach, could this be achieved by changing the 'target =' values?

<insert provider="sat_282_sky_uk" source="115" target="001"/><!-- BBC One HD -->
    <insert provider="sat_282_sky_uk" source="802" target="002"/><!-- BBC Two HD -->
    I think that can be done, try it and see, I also Hide all the other bouquets so that only my Favourite List and bouquets are present

Title
    Thanks
    You can put any channels from any ABM provider in any order you want.

Most providers allow you to run them without creating the bouquets by deselecting the create x bouquets options. You won't have to delete bouquets then.

EDIT:
    More details in this thread
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...tes-List-Hacks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for reply. I have it sort of working now. This is part of my favourites.xml file:

<favourites>
    <name>Favourites</name>
    <sections>
    <section number="1">Entertainment</section>
    </sections>
    <inserts>
    <insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="1" target="1"></insert> <!-- rte1 hd -->
    <insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="2" target="2"></insert> <!-- rte2 hd -->
    <insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="3" target="3"></insert> <!-- tv3 -->
    <insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="4" target="4"></insert> <!-- tg4 -->
    <insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="21" target="5"></insert> <!-- rtenewsnow -->
    <insert provider="sat_282_freesat" source="106" target="6"></insert> <!-- bbc1 hd -->
    <insert provider="sat_282_freesat" source="102" target="7"></insert> <!-- bbc2 hd -->
    <insert provider="sat_282_freesat" source="107" target="8"></insert> <!-- bbc4 hd -->
    <insert provider="sat_282_sky_uk" source="138" target="9"></insert> <!-- channel 4hd-->
    <insert provider="sat_282_freesat" source="122" target="10"></insert> <!-- e4 -->

snip!

</inserts>
    <bouquets>
    <main>1</main> <!-- 0 or 1 -->
    <sections>0</sections> <!-- 0 or 1 -->
    </bouquets>
    </favourites>

I would like to remove all Section breaks, but if I attempt that by deleting the line '<section number="1">Entertainment</section>' , then the box crashes as it attempts to create the bouquet. The output from the crash log reads as:

< 2904.755> [ABM-BouquetsWriter] Writing terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1 bouquet...
    < 2904.758> [ABM-BouquetsWriter] Done
    < 2904.758> [ABM-Tools][customMix] No CustomMix file for sat_282_freesat.
    < 2904.758> [ABM-BouquetsWriter] Writing sat_282_freesat bouquet...
    < 2904.763> [ABM-BouquetsWriter] Done
    < 2904.764> [ABM-Tools][customMix] No CustomMix file for sat_282_sky_uk.
    < 2904.765> [ABM-BouquetsWriter] Writing sat_282_sky_uk bouquet...
    < 2904.770> [ABM-BouquetsWriter] Done
    < 2904.813> Traceback (most recent call last):
    < 2904.813> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/main.py", line 517, in doBuildIndex
    < 2904.813> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/manager.py", line 181, in save
    < 2904.813> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/tools.py", line 401, in favourites
    < 2904.813> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/bouquetswriter.py", line 554, in buildBouquets
    < 2904.813> IndexError: list index out of range
    < 2904.813> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method AutoBouquetsMaker.doBuildIndex of <class 'Plugins.SystemPlugins.AutoBouquetsMaker.scanner.m ain.AutoBouquetsMaker'>>,()) failed)

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Title
    Thanks

Favourite List

You are not explaining yourself properly. How can you delete all the section breaks in your favourite bouquets created by ABM when you only have one section?

Even if you had more than one section, it is illogical to add something and remove it as well. You might as well as not add it in the first place.

Or are you referring to the sections in the provider bouquets?

It would be better for you to attach your XML file as well as your debug log. Attach the example files from the custom folder too

Title
    Thanks
    Whats the advantage of this over Drag and Drop in Dreambox Edit?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JonMMM
    Whats the advantage of this over Drag and Drop in Dreambox Edit?
    You don't have to keep dragging and dropping every time there is a change of transponder.

Title
    Thanks
    You are not explaining yourself properly. How can you delete all the section breaks in your favourite bouquets created by ABM when you only have one section?

Even if you had more than one section, it is illogical to add something and remove it as well. You might as well as not add it in the first place.

Or are you referring to the sections in the provider bouquets?

It would be better for you to attach your XML file as well as your debug log. Attach the example files from the custom folder too
    I guess I mean the section in the bouquet e.g. "Entertainment"? I don't want any section as such, just the list of channels in the Bouquet. I've attached the working file (which includes the Entertainment section) and the file which doesn't work (with Entertainment removed).

Thanks again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast