Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dreambox Control Center - Connection problem

Title
    Thanks

FTP service on box

Dear adm

As you suggested I have gone to Setup/ Network/Utilities/FTP and found that autostart is enabled but the current status is stopped.

However, clicking on the green botton did not start it. This is nasty. Does this mean that I have to reload the image via USB and do all the settings manually on the box?

Thanks for your help
    nekrub2
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I would personally setup from scratch, something a miss in your settings setup and I advise not to do a settings restore as you’ll just be back to square 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    as andy says reflash and check FTP running before installing anything else
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nekrub2 View Post
    Dear adm

As you suggested I have gone to Setup/ Network/Utilities/FTP and found that autostart is enabled but the current status is stopped.

However, clicking on the green botton did not start it. This is nasty. Does this mean that I have to reload the image via USB and do all the settings manually on the box?

Thanks for your help
    nekrub2
    Have you tried turning off at the mains plug (after first putting the box into deep standby) and leaving the box off for 60 seconds to let all internal power supply lines discharge before switching back on? Sometimes this complete cold boot can cure problems, especially after an image update.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nekrub2 View Post
    I reckon looking at the debug log would be more likely to produce a result.
    Although you'd probably do that via FTP, s a bit chicken-and-eggy...

You can look at the debug log from the Vix menu system:

Menu -> System -> Logs -> Log manager, ensure you are in Debug logs then View the chosen log.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Dear all

Just flashed box with new image 5.2.017 and manually done all settings. Could start now network/utilities/FTP. And, finally, my FTP connections to DCC or FileZila work again. Will take me a while until all settings are really 100% how they should.
    Anyway, thanks a lot folks for your support
    nekrub2
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12