Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hotbird and Freesat, Unicable setip

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    In the tuner configuration, interpret "Connected as "Shared"

Set C, D & E as connected to A.
    A, C, D & E must have unique SCR/channels for that LNB

Set F, G & H as connected to B.
    B, F, G & H must have unique SCR/channels for that LNB

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggysdomain View Post
    What is a 'leaf tuner' and where to from here?
    It is a translation error started by some Dutch guys. It means an FBC tuner which is not the root tuner.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

ziggysdomain (20-09-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggysdomain View Post
    My basic needs are similar to those of BobbyC - I have two dishes pointed to Astra 28.2 and Hotbird. My box is the Vuplus Ultimo 4K with one FBC tuner each for satellite and terrestrial. The satellite physical Tuner A on the back of the receiver has two inputs - top for Astra, bottom for Hotbird.

Cool, did you get it sorted ?

EDIT TO ADD:...This is my setup, I have two tuners, I re-read and see you have 1, but ya the concept is the same !!

As mentioned both LNB's will be LNB1 and in the advanced settings, you will increment the userband value

Physical Tuners
    Tuner A Astra 28 - LNB 1 - Unicable Jess - GSAT - model number - User band 1
    Tuner B Hotbird-13 - LNB 1 - Unicable Jess - GSAT - model number - User band 1

Virtual Tuners
    Tuner C Astra 28 - LNB 1 - Unicable Jess - GSAT - model number - User band 2
    Tuner D Astra 28 - LNB 1 - Unicable Jess - GSAT - model number - User band 3
    Tuner E Astra 28 - LNB 1 - Unicable Jess - GSAT - model number - User band 4
    Tuner F Astra 28 - LNB 1 - Unicable Jess - GSAT - model number - User band 5
    Tuner G Astra 28 - LNB 1 - Unicable Jess - GSAT - model number - User band 6

Tuner H Hotbird-13 - LNB 1 - Unicable Jess - GSAT - model number - User band 2

"Saorview terrestrial aerial"
    Tuner I DVT-B
    Tuner J DVT-B
    Last edited by BobbyC; 18-09-20 at 10:40.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BobbyC For This Useful Post:

ziggysdomain (20-09-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Btw, the physical LNB type does not exactly match what's available in the menu - IDLU-QUDL42-UNR2L-1PP the former, and IDLU-QUDL42-UNI2L-1PP the latter; that is a difference of one letter 'I' in the third section. Will that make any difference? I went thru all the options in that section and there was no exact match.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks folks. I somehow missed page 2 of your replies until now. I will apply those settings and report back. Much appreciate the help.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ziggysdomain For This Useful Post:

BobbyC (19-09-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi BobbyC. And with this config can you record one Hotbird channel and watch another? This is all I really need for Hotbird.

Title
    Thanks
    The settingd I gave you will give you 4 tuners for 28.2e and also 4 tuners for 13e. Bobby's one gives you 6 for 28.2e and 2 for 13e

11. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

ziggysdomain (20-09-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Yes abu, thanks. I spotted that. The 'structure' of how it all works is much clearer now. I'm grateful for all the input. Ok, to report back:
    I followed your instructions abu (18-09-20, 00:00). My LNBs are Inverto Unicable both, IDLU-QUDL42-UNR2L-1PP with four user bands - 1210, 1420, 1680, 2040. NOTE: these are listed on the box as 0, 1, 2, 3 before each of those MHz bands whereas the configuration settings only offer SCR 1 - 4. Don't know if this makes any difference but thought I'd mention it in case it's important. Also, as mentioned earlier, the LNB type setting available in configuration is IDLU-QUDL42-UNI2L-1PP instead of mine above - a difference of only one letter('I' v 'R'), but thought I should point it out.

A & B tuners set to Astra 28.8 and Hotbird, LNB1 and SCR1 1210MHz each.
    C set to Astra, SCR2 (1410), connected to Tuner A.
    D set to Astra, SCR3 (1680), but settings wouldn't let me choose Tuner A - only B, G, and H available. I rebooted the device to see if previous settings had somehow messed this up, but no joy.

For example, previously I had tried this:
    A to Astra, LNB1, SCR1
    B to Hotbird, LNB1, SCR1
    C to Astra LNB1, SCR2, connected to Tuner A
    D to Hotbird, LNB1, SCR2, connected to Tuner B
    E to Astra, LNB1, SCR3, connected to Tuner C (A not available)
    F to Hotbird LNB1, SCR3, connected to Tuner D (B not available)
    G to Astra, LNB1, SCR4, connected to Tuner E (A not available)
    H to Hotbird, LNB1, SCR4, connected to Tuner F (A not available).

With these settings, as explained before but just to be clear about the issue I'm now having, I can record one channel on Astra and watch any other, but this does not work with Hotbird. Recording any channel makes all the others (well, those in my favourites list anyway) unavailable. It's strange how that functions for one satellite and not the other.

I'm loath to reset the box to factory settings and start again but perhaps that's what I'll have to do if you guys feel that's my only option at this stage? Or do you think that the last configuration there in my 3rd paragraph should give me the result I need and that there's something else wrong?

Title
    Thanks
    You have probably messed something up on the LNB numbers you previously selected. It is set, but because you are not seeing it, you think it isn't there.

To delet the tuner settings, issue the following command using Putty or similar (link to guide in my signature if you need it):

Code:
    init 4
    This will stop enigma2.

Navigate to /etc/enigma2 and edit teh fiel called "settings"
    Uiusng linux compatible editor such as Notepad++, delete all the lines that start with
    Code:
    config.Nims.
    Save, transfer back then issue following command to restart
    Code:
    init 3
    Then set your tuners how you want

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

piran (03-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    It does not matter about the difference in model number for LNB, the SCR/channels/frequnecies are the same
    Code:
                <product name="IDLP-40UNIQD+S" scrs="1680,1420,2040,1210"/>
                <product name="IDLB-QUDL43-UNE1L-OPP" scrs="1210,1420,1680,2040"/>
                <product name="IDLB-QUDL-UNI2L-OPP" scrs="1210,1420,1680,2040"/>
                <product name="IDLB-QUDL42-UNI2L-1PP" scrs="1210,1420,1680,2040"/>

Title
    Thanks
    Hi. No joy I'm afraid. There's a peculiar anomaly. Whereas for Astra, tuner C can be connected to A, but D & E can only be connected to C & D respectively (i.e. tuner A is not available) - and the record and watch functions. Whereas for Hotbird F is set to B and G & H can only be set to F & G respectively but the record and watch function won't work.

Title
    Thanks

Hotbird and Freesat, Unicable setip

Which image are you using? Please include version/date

Title
    Thanks
    See attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks

Hotbird and Freesat, Unicable setip

My posts earlier were based on openvix (we use same code as openpli). This is the openvix forum, you should have said you are using a different image. Other mages use the daisy chaining code, were you have to share/connect to previous tuner. They wont allow you to share/connect to the tuner that actually has the signal wire. You have to do the following:

A < C < D < E

13E
    B < F < G < H

Please try and set tuner configuration and report back.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 21-09-20 at 20:07. Reason: missed a letter

Title
    Thanks
    My apologies. I did wonder about that. I use to have openvix, but had to change as a legal card I have will only work on Black Hole with the 4K.

Configured Astra as you outlined: A < C < D < E, and record and watch working as expected.

Hotbird configuration could not be done as suggested:
    B set as required, but then for F only E & H were available. Given that E is Astra, I chose H (SCR2)
    For G, B was available and I connected to this (SCR3)
    For H, F,G, & E available and again as E is Astra I chose G.

This config for Hotbird did not allow any of my HD channels to be watched once one channel was recording.These are the Italian channels - the reason we have Hotbird. Some, tho not quite all, of the SD channels were available and could also be recorded while the first HD channel was recording.

I rechecked the configuration and attempted to change tuner H to being connected to F instead of G to see if this would make any difference, but the box went into a waiting / saving loop which only a forced reboot fixed. On reboot tuner H was still connected to G so the attempt to change it to F wasn't performed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast