Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hotbird and Freesat, Unicable setip

Title
    Thanks

Hotbird and Freesat, Unicable setup

Im looking at getting the Gigablue UHD UE 4k, with dual FBC tuners.

Im in Ireland, I was looking to replace my virgin media cable tv package with a dual satellite system (Hotbird for Italian channels, and Astra 2 for UK freesat listings)

Currently there is an old sky sat with 2 cables coming into the house. I wanted to replace the dish with an 80cm dish and 2 unicable II lnb's pointed at both satellites.

Am I correct in assuming I can run the single cable from each lnb straight into the back of the gigablue box that will have 2 fbc sat tuners.

And how many channels can I record with this setup any one explain to me please
    Last edited by BobbyC; 21-11-18 at 14:33.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    You can run each of the cables into one of the 2 physical tuners, so that for example, you can have 28.2E on physical tuner A and Hotbird on physical tuner B.
    On the receiver you allocate tuners A ---> H (8 "virtual" tuners) across the 2 LNB's as you wish e.g. tuners A --> E to 28.2E and tuners F --> H to Hotbird specifying in tuner setup the LNB type, sat connection and the channel frequency used for that specific connection.
    How many can be recorded, depends on how many tuners into that SAT, same or different transponders etc etc .... but enough!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

BobbyC (21-11-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Ah I think I understand it better now. Thank you.
    So we have 8 virtual tuners in all, and I can assign 1-4 to tuner A, and 5-8 on Tuner B,
    Or possibly 1-6 A, 7-8 B

Thank you for helping me understand it more. splitting the available virtual tuners over the two inputs appears to be way more then enough

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts

Hotbird and Freesat, Unicable setip

Not quite right. You have two physical tuners (A and B) and 6 "whatever name you want".

The two physical ones must have a signal cable for your setup. One 28.2 and other 13. The others ones (C-H) must be set as connected to either A or B depending on how many demodulators you want for each sat.

Don't forget, you can also add another non-FBC tuner but will have to use splitters

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

BobbyC (21-11-18),ngc.ie (18-02-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Ah yes, thanks I get you.

As for the third, I was going to add a terrestrial tuner for local Saorview TV listings

Title
    Thanks
    Just to add, each demodulator must have a unique SCR to communicate with the LNB. The uniqueness is with regard to the LNB in use. In your case, you can use two channel 1, one for 28.2 lnb and other for 13. This is because you have two independent LNBs.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

BobbyC (11-01-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Folks. Recently joined this forum. So far have found lots of useful information. Thanks to all. I have just installed new dishes and upgraded my LNBs to unicable. My basic needs are similar to those of BobbyC - I have two dishes pointed to Astra 28.2 and Hotbird. My box is the Vuplus Ultimo 4K with one FBC tuner each for satellite and terrestrial. The satellite physical Tuner A on the back of the receiver has two inputs - top for Astra, bottom for Hotbird. Initially I assumed that the top input was LNB1 and the lower LNB2 and after many frustrating hours of trying to tune in Hotbird on LNB2 I discovered that I had to use the LNB1 setting for both satellites on the separate tuners A & B in the configuration settings. Then I was up and running. I am, however, having difficulty finding the right combination in the configuration of the virtual tuners for watching one channel while recording another. I have managed this for Astra, but not Hotbird, so I wonder what I am doing wrong. I tried doing A/B for Astra/Hotbird and then so on (C/D, E/F, G/H - I & J are for the terrestrial reception) in the same combination for the virtual tuners with the above result in terms of watching/recording, and then I tried just configuring A & B for Astra & Hotbird and leaving the remaining C to H not configured so that - as I understand it - the box can choose whichever tuner it needs regardless of which satellite channel is being called on to operate. But that didn't work either for Hotbird. So I wonder what I'm doing wrong? I have two questions then:
    1) Could anyone help with the correct configuration for my needs (pix would be helpful if possible)?
    2) What, then, is the LNB2 setting for? Is this only if you had a second satellite FBC tuner in the receiver?
    Thanks and regards.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    These are my settings for 2 unicable LNB's on 28.2E and 19.2E if it helps.

28.2E

LNB-1 unicableProduct=GT-S3DCSS24

Tuner A = config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=1
    Tuner C = config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=2 (Connected to A)
    Tuner D = config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=3 (Connected to A)
    Tuner E = config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.scrList=4 (Connected to A)

19.2E

LNB-2 unicableProduct=GT-dLNB1-DY

Tuner B = config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.2.scrList=1
    Tuner F = config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.2.scrList=2 (Connected to B)

Tuners G & H FBC AUTOMATIC

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

ziggysdomain (20-09-20)

Title
    Thanks

Hotbird and Freesat, Unicable setip

You are falling in the trap of thinking the card is one tuner. It isn't. The FBC tuner card is 2 two physical (root) tuners with 6 non-physical (leaf) tuners.

The top physical connection is Tuner A, the bottom one is tuner B.

The LNB number is different when you have more than one LNB to each connection/physical tuner. If you only have one LNB to each physical connection, you always leave it as LNB 1.

The questions to ask yourself are: How many LNBs to top tuner (A)? How many to bottom tuner (B)?

Hopefully if you agree that you only have one LNB to tuner A and also only one LNB to tuner B, you won't make the mistake of selecting LNB2 when configuring either of them.

Set A & B to match what is hooked up to them. Set C-H as FBC automatic for now. Once that is working we can assign the leaf tuner to suit your needs.

Title
    Thanks
    Willow, can I edit out those LNB numbers out of your post?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Yes Abu, are you saying the second LNB should also be LNB1?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willo3092 View Post
    Yes Abu, are you saying the second LNB should also be LNB1?
    Yes, the LNB number corresponds to what is hooked up to each terminal. A has 1. B only has 1 too. If you had more than one to each connection, then the numbers come into play.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (17-09-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, thanks for the swift responses. So, Abu, thanks for the explanation re the LNBs. I have done as you suggest re physical tuners A & B and C - H are automatic ("not configured"). What is a 'leaf tuner' and where to from here?

Title
    Thanks
    Of the 6 tuners, how many do you want for 28.2 and how many for 13.0?

Title
    Thanks
    Evenly divided - 3/3.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast