Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A few questions?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    Ok will look at this when i get home..But strange thing is that it plays back perfectly when i directly plug the portable hardrive. So that leads me to think the receiver is just not capable enough. Is it the chip? Ram? Would love to know if another receiver would be able to play it or its just not going to work with any of them.
    There have been media players around with chipsets far less powerful and capable of handling these requirements (and the hd51 is typical of the arm receivers and you don‘t see endless protests about not being able to play apart from some strange audio codecs), so its likely to be the settings on the hd51/TV that need sorting out.
    Last edited by twol; 04-01-19 at 13:32.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    There have been media players around with chipsets far less powerful and capable of handling these requirements (and the hd51 is typical of the arm receivers and you don‘t see endless protests about not being able to play apart from some strange audio codecs), so its likely to be the settings on the hd51/TV that need sorting out.
    I really tried changing settings but it kept jerking.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    So it has nothing to do with the capability of the receiver you do not think?
    Nothing to do with flash memeory ram? processor power?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    So it has nothing to do with the capability of the receiver you do not think?
    Nothing to do with flash memeory ram? processor power?
    No don‘t see play issues like this on the forums.... except as noted for some audio codecs.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi guys
    I thought I would paste a link of the problems I was experiencing with the playback

See link
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gte00dn53w...11405.mp4?dl=0

Question is whether it's the receiver or the settings

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I can't see it being the receiver, does it always fail at the same place?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Yes and few other scenes and other episodes. That video was just an example.
    I can't see what other reason it could be. I tried playing it through that e2iplayer but same thing happened.
    Tried changing the hdmi ports. Same thing.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Also thinking its the receiver because it has no problems playing the file when I insert the portable hardrive directly into the TV. So the TV is clearly capable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    What files does the tv support i would be checking that,i thought you said file was on internal hdd or you have a copy also on portable.
    I have 2 desktop externally powered ones and files wont play on e2 box because it was recorded differently on a non e2 box.
    Was thinking must be a media player in plugins that plays that source,the joys of modern tech

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Also thinking its the receiver because it has no problems playing the file when I insert the portable hardrive directly into the TV. So the TV is clearly capable
    I can change the settings on my ancient tv for each individual input, so tuner, hdmi, scart etc can all have different values.

On your tv, hdmi and usb are clearly very different types of input device.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    What files does the tv support i would be checking that,i thought you said file was on internal hdd or you have a copy also on portable.
    I have 2 desktop externally powered ones and files wont play on e2 box because it was recorded differently on a non e2 box.
    Was thinking must be a media player in plugins that plays that source,the joys of modern tech
    I don't know exactly what my TV supports but it's an LG 4k TV. Yes I said it works with my portable hardrive connected to the TV. I tried connecting the portable hardrive into the receiver but the same thing happens. The file is also on my internal hardrive.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I can change the settings on my ancient tv for each individual input, so tuner, hdmi, scart etc can all have different values.

On your tv, hdmi and usb are clearly very different types of input device.
    Yh I know so it must be the receiver because portable USB plays fine. Maybe the hdmi speeds or something else is limited here to play the file from the receiver.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Yh I know so it must be the receiver because portable USB plays fine. Maybe the hdmi speeds or something else is limited here to play the file from the receiver.
    I'm suggesting the complete opposite.

For example, and it's only an example, usb input may be set to 1080, which would have a better chance of working.

I'm assuming "receiver" is the hd51.
    Last edited by ccs; 06-01-19 at 10:50.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I'm suggesting the complete opposite.

For example, and it's only an example, usb input may be set to 1080, which would have a better chance of working.

I'm assuming "receiver" is the hd51.
    Yes the receiver is a hd51. But when I plug the portable hardrive it plays in 2160p resolution. I don't have to use do anything. It just plays perfectly

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    What about the tv "special assists" mentioned earlier, could they differ between hdmi and usb input?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast