Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A few questions?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Has anyone downloaded any 4k contect and tried to see if any 4k enigma 2 receiver will play it. It would be surprising that none of them can play any files that in 2160p resolution ?

It would also be surprising if it can not play any iptv channels in 4k. Surely these receivers surpass android boxes that say it can play 4k?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    as I said my Solo4K and Ultimo4K play a lot of HEVC (h265) files. They do not play all HDR/VP9 files. They do not play 4K h264 at all. This behavior is more or less common to all current STBs.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    as I said my Solo4K and Ultimo4K play a lot of HEVC (h265) files. They do not play all HDR/VP9 files. They do not play 4K h264 at all. This behavior is more or less common to all current STBs.

Ralf
    Ok

How do i check if a file is h265 or h 264?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Mediainfo ...... on Windows and linux
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Mediainfo ...... on Windows and linux
    I right click on the file but no where on there does it mention h265 or 2264. Strange

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    I right click on the file but no where on there does it mention h265 or 2264. Strange
    It’s a program you have to download and install on your Windows pc. Once running it gives you all the tech specs of the video files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    My Mutant HD51 plays 4k films within Stalker-QT with player as GST or EXTplayer, not had one be black screen or issues yet.

Have zero clue on size or codecs, as of course not "true 4k" in terms of a direct rip etc
    Last edited by danny121pt; 22-11-18 at 16:08.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danny121pt View Post
    My Mutant HD51 plays 4k films within Stalker-QT with player as GST or EXTplayer, not had one be black screen or issues yet.

Have zero clue on size or codecs, as of course not "true 4k" in terms of a direct rip etc
    So does it play any of your films natively?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Guys

Just wanted to update you guys on this issue.
    So i purchased a HD51 a few weeks ago and i love it. Very snappy quick box. Now in regards to my 4k content stuff. I was pleasantly surprised that i got picture on my ultra HD content. Now it plays fine most of the time but a few scenes, it plays back really poorly, really choppy picture, the sound is cutting out and picture is jerking. After that scene finished it cleared up and was playing perfectly again. I thought that maybe the file was dodgy so i transferred it to a portable hardrive and plugged it straight into my LG tv and played it back there and it was smooth on that scene where it was choppy. That got me to think maybe the hardrive in my HD51 was not fast enough to play, so i insert my portable hardrive into the HD51 and the same thing happened. So it was not the hardrive. I then thought maybe my HDMI cable is slow. So i bought a 4k compatible HDMI cable

here is the link
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Syncwire-...72.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Syncwire-...72.m2749.l2649

I thought this would maybe playback everything smoothly, but again it was choppy. So maybe the box is not powerful enough to play 4k content. I was watching plannet earth 2 and blue plannet in 2160p resolution. I really thought that the receiver would play these files esp with the file being the correct codec and everything. I have yet to try and watch a film but the same thing would happen.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    What A/V settings are you using?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    What A/V settings are you using?
    erm

standard.. 2160p at 60hz. Tried both. Did not make a difference. Do you have any 4k boxes ccs?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    Do you have any 4k boxes ccs?
    ............No.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I just want to try find out what is causing this. It kinda seems to be on scenes where there is a lot of movement. For example, it was an a scene where there were million of locusts flying across this huge field. It seemed to jerk quite whenever this moment came. Is it the receiver, HDMI or hardrive?
    Can not put my finger on it

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    This may help....

Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    On most TV's the best advice is to look at all the picture " special assists" and turn them off. Most are just marketing gimmicks that provide no improvement whatsoever.
    If you look at the settings for a THX certified display, you will find all these gimmicks are turned off.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    This may help....
    Ok will look at this when i get home..But strange thing is that it plays back perfectly when i directly plug the portable hardrive. So that leads me to think the receiver is just not capable enough. Is it the chip? Ram? Would love to know if another receiver would be able to play it or its just not going to work with any of them.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast