Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A few questions?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

A few questions?

Hi Guys

I am thinking about getting one of these receiver but have a few questions. This would primarily be used a slave box because i already have my xtrend 10000 in my room with all the tuners it requires. This would be placed in my extension where i have my 4k telly. When we did our extension, we did not get any wiring sorted in terms of satellite or cables. I managed to get my CAT 6 cable in so i just use remotechannelsteam plug in and it works fine on my solo 2. I plan on moving the solo 2 into the living room and getting one of these into my extension. I do want to know whether it can play 4k files straight from the hardrive. As of now, i normally download something in 2160p and have to transfer it onto my portable hardrive and then plug that into the TV. I am hoping that this receiver will be able to play the file without problems. Also, would it also play iptv 4k channels without problems if i upload the m3u file onto it? Thats the main uses for it if i were to get one.

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    I do not have this box but my VUs can play 4K over network BUT afaik no STB up to now plays 4K encoded in h264 it must be h265 or on some STBs VP9.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    I do not have this box but my VUs can play 4K over network BUT afaik no STB up to now plays 4K encoded in h264 it must be h265 or on some STBs VP9.

ciao
    Oh which VU box do you have that can play 4k content over network? Does the VU have to be a 4k VU box?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Note:Octagon SF8008 ---->>>>> 2160P Media Playback H.264 und H.265 HEVC

By the way specs for the HD51 says: (but as Trial has said not 4K H264)
    Video/audio decoder:
    – HEVC 4kx2k/60p
    – OpenGLES 2.0
    – H.263, H.264, H.265, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, VC-1, AVS+, DivX, VP6, VP8, VP9, Xvid
    – AAC, AC3, DDP, FLAC, LPCM, MPEG, Ogg Vorbis, SRS, PCM on WAV, Real
    Audio, WMA, DTS
    Last edited by twol; 19-11-18 at 14:06.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Note:Octagon SF8008 ---->>>>> 2160P Media Playback H.264 und H.265 HEVC

By the way specs for the HD51 says: (but as Trial has said not 4K H264)
    Video/audio decoder:
    – HEVC 4kx2k/60p
    – OpenGLES 2.0
    – H.263, H.264, H.265, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, VC-1, AVS+, DivX, VP6, VP8, VP9, Xvid
    – AAC, AC3, DDP, FLAC, LPCM, MPEG, Ogg Vorbis, SRS, PCM on WAV, Real
    Audio, WMA, DTS
    So what do you think twol? i cant remember exactly what file type i downloaded. For example, i downloaded planet earth 2 in UHD and i have to move the file onto a portable hardrive which i insert into the TV and it plays, i am hoping that the hd51 can play it so i can avoid having to transfer the file onto my portable hardrive in the first place. I will check the file type and get back to you.
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    If its going to be in your bedroom, then you might be better off with the Octagon SF8008 ( but only have the SF8008 remote - which is OK)- as much as I appreciate the HD51, so far I am really impressed with the SF8008 !
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    The remotes on the SF8008 and HD51 are now more or less identical apart the remote codes they use.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

johnrichard (21-11-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks guys, but i want an internal hardrive so thats why i am more leaning to the HD51. Just want to know whether it work for what i want it do do. Mainly play 4k files and 4k iptv channels.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    Mainly play 4k files and 4k iptv channels.
    You need to remember that predominantly you are buying a receiver. You may need to re-encode your 4K files, regards 4K IPTV channels I think you'll be lucky to get any 4K IPTV.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    You need to remember that predominantly you are buying a receiver. You may need to re-encode your 4K files, regards 4K IPTV channels I think you'll be lucky to get any 4K IPTV.
    Thats what i am trying to find out. I know there are not meany 4k IPTV streams but i do have a few that by VU solo 2 wont play. If i upload them to my smart tv it works but using it on the smart tv is a faf. So was wandering if this receiver can play it without any trouble?

Title
    Thanks
    I think you need to find out which codecs they are using and then compare to the specs.
    Unfortunately technology moves on but not always the receivers
    E.g. the chip in the Giga4K offers (slightly) more than the HD51, and the SF8008 appears to offer more still.... but reading the latest blurbs, I see that the latest Vu+ will not support some of the older codecs. (There is a chip table on OPenATV that shows this for the Vu+‘s) ........ so its a moving target.

You might talk to Mickkie who on another thread appears to have been through all this regarding the HD51
    Last edited by twol; 19-11-18 at 19:05.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    OK so for example

this is a type of file that i downloaded

Planet Earth II S01E03 Jungles 2160p UHD BluRay HEVC HDR 360° DTSHD5.1-DDR

This is an MKV file. It plays fine when i use a portable hardrive inserted into the TV.

Will this play on the HD51?
    Last edited by joysleep1; 19-11-18 at 20:12.

Title
    Thanks
    OK so for example

this is a type of file that i downloaded

Planet Earth II S01E03 Jungles 2160p UHD BluRay HEVC HDR 360° DTSHD5.1-DDR

This is an MKV file. It plays fine when i use a portable hardrive inserted into the TV.

Will this play on the HD51?
    If you upload a sample to some website I could download it and try.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by machare View Post
    If you upload a sample to some website I could download it and try.
    Hmm
    I dont really know how i would do that. The file is an hour long or so. Do MKV files play on any enigma 2 receivers?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Hmm
    I dont really know how i would do that. The file is an hour long or so. Do MKV files play on any enigma 2 receivers?
    If you're expecting to buy the HD51 and play whatever 4k UHD file you throw at it don't buy it. Not even my NVidia shield can play all 4k UHD files thrown at it. Be prepared to re-encode or re-mux some of your downloaded files.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

johnrichard (21-11-18)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast