Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S4 features came from S3

Shaunbhai

Samsung Galaxy S4 features came from S3

The Samsung Galaxy S4 is packed with new features -- but you don't need to buy the new phone to benefit, as many new features are headed for the Samsung Galaxy S3.

Speaking to PCMag, Samsung promised that the S3 and other phones and tablets will get new software features announced on the S4 last week.

"Anything that we can do that's not dependent on hardware like infrared," says Samsung, "we'll definitely bring to all the flagship devices."

Samsung boss Nick DiCarlo highlights the camera interface and WatchNow TV remote. While the camera interface doesn't rely on hardware only found in the S4, and should therefore trickle down to other devices, the remote control uses the S4's built-in infrared blaster and so can't come to the S3.

New features on the S4 that could translate to the S3 -- or the Galaxy Note 2 and other current devices -- include real-time lingo-decoder S Translator, and an array of pointless camera features, such as Dual Camera pictures.

Some features look like they could make the switch but might rely on hardware in the S4's camera. I'm talking about the various hands-off features that let you control the phone without touching the screen, as the camera detects your hand waving in front of the screen to scroll and swipe, your eyes straying from the display to pause a video with Smart Stay, and your hand tilting the phone to Smart Scroll.

The S4 has drawn some stick for not marking enough of a change over the S3.

There's no word yet on when the S4's software features will come to existing phones, but I'm guessing Samsung will keep them to the S4 for a while to entice you to buy its newest blower. Will you be forking out for an S4, or sticking with your S3? What S4 features would you like to put in your pocket? Tell me your thoughts in the comments
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

Shaunbhai

Samsung Galaxy S4 features came from S3

[quote name="Shaunbhai" post=477413]The Samsung Galaxy S4 is packed with new features -- but you don't need to buy the new phone to benefit, as many new features are headed for the Samsung Galaxy S3.

Speaking to PCMag, Samsung promised that the S3 and other phones and tablets will get new software features announced on the S4 last week.

"Anything that we can do that's not dependent on hardware like infrared," says Samsung, "we'll definitely bring to all the flagship devices."

Samsung boss Nick DiCarlo highlights the camera interface and WatchNow TV remote. While the camera interface doesn't rely on hardware only found in the S4, and should therefore trickle down to other devices, the remote control uses the S4's built-in infrared blaster and so can't come to the S3.

New features on the S4 that could translate to the S3 -- or the Galaxy Note 2 and other current devices -- include real-time lingo-decoder S Translator, and an array of pointless camera features, such as Dual Camera pictures.

Some features look like they could make the switch but might rely on hardware in the S4's camera. I'm talking about the various hands-off features that let you control the phone without touching the screen, as the camera detects your hand waving in front of the screen to scroll and swipe, your eyes straying from the display to pause a video with Smart Stay, and your hand tilting the phone to Smart Scroll.

The S4 has drawn some stick for not marking enough of a change over the S3

There's no word yet on when the S4's software features will come to existing phones, but I'm guessing Samsung will keep them to the S4 for a while to entice you to buy its newest blower. Will you be forking out for an S4, or sticking with your S3? What S4 features would you like to put in your pocket? Tell me your thoughts in the comments

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________[/QUOTE]

my issue has been solved!!
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 20-11-18 at 00:01.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    stop posting hidden links. you will get banned next time