Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Internal WiFi

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts

Internal WiFi

Hi,
    does anybody use the internal WiFi of the Ultimo 4K? If yes do you have 5GHz WiFi? If yes is you Ultimo4K still connected to 5GHz?

My WiFi has 2.4 and 5GHz with the same SSID and since a few weeks I only get a quite good connection with 140-150MBit/sec at 2.4GHz. Before I had around 650MBit/sec at 5GHz. When I search now for networks I only get the 2.4GHz APs in the list. Other devices are connected at 5GHz with bandwidth of 40 and 80MHz.

I can live with 150MBit at 2.4GHz but I would live better with 650@5:-)

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I should have complained earlier. I just started to Ultimo 4K again and guess what: I have 5GHz and 650MBit again:-)

I do not know if it has something to do with todays update but I am happy.

Ralf
    ---
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    I should have complained earlier. I just started to Ultimo 4K again and guess what: I have 5GHz and 650MBit again:-)

I do not know if it has something to do with todays update but I am happy.

Ralf
    Could it be something to do with the range between Ultimo4k and your router?
    My Virgin router has 2.4/5ghz with the same SSID but when i go upstairs my tablet and phone drifts in and out of 5ghz mode as the signal weakens.
    Sometimes i have to turn wifi "off/on" on my devices for them to reconnect in 5ghz.

I dont know why VM transmits both on the same SSID as sometimes you dont even know the device has switched to 2.4ghz...
    Last edited by kryton; 12-11-18 at 18:00.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    range is very good. Around 3m in a level above. I a have a few APs with 5GHz and none showed in the list. I keep an eye on it.

ciao
    ---