Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Virtual keyboard bugs

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual keyboard bugs

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Ian

Sorry for not answering you earlier. I have checked the layouts and they look fine for me. Thanks for you going the extra-mile.
    nekrub2
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Nekrub2,

Not a problem. The new locale is now merged into the Dev builds and will be in the next production build as well. If any corrections are required please let me know.

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

If there are any other locales required or any corrections required for any of the existing locales please let me know.

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts

Virtual keyboard bugs

Is there a reason why people have to request for keyboards to be re-added? Surely all the ones that were there to begin with should have been included with the changes? Users can then request tweaks if required.

The person who removed them ought to add them instead of putting onus on people to request them to be re-added.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I'm using Confluence too, and yes it is now broken. It was fine a week or so ago.

There's a slew of changes for Simple_Ten_Eighty, iSkin-(Light/Dark), Vix-(Day/Night)-HD, YouVix-Blue and Magic-FHD here:
    Code:
    https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/commits/master/src/skins
    which I should be able to adapt to get things working.
    Still working on it. The basic functionality is now there (even if the background is currently the wrong shape and size...)
    Delayed by various other things getting in the way (Linux kernel bug fixing/testing, directing bridge for the first time...) and not helped by forgetting to uncomment my changes, then having to find out which skin sections can be changed/augmented and which can only be totally re-written.
    Now I need to make some new icons (especially a new one for Backspace based on the ISO standard, rather than the, to me, annoying DEL).
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Abu,
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Is there a reason why people have to request for keyboards to be re-added? Surely all the ones that were there to begin with should have been included with the changes? Users can then request tweaks if required.

The person who removed them ought to add them instead of putting onus on people to request them to be re-added.
    If this comment is directed to me then all I can say is that all the locales that were present in the source code when I started the refactor were in the source code when I finished. I am not aware of removing ANY locales during my efforts. In fact any locales from OpenViX or OpenPLi that were not included in one or the other were added to both. I also added quite a few of my own.

As you can also see asking me to add locales gets a simple, painless and prompt response. Is there a problem that I am not seeing?

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Thanks
    4. For German there is only the choice of the Germany layout - the Swiss German layout, which was available before is gone.
    I was going by this statement. So something was amiss. Lets hope any other locales which have disappeared on their own accord are identified and re-added.

BTW,
    You can keep your sanctimonious, insincere and fake pleasantries towards me to yourself. Do not address me personally again.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Poster,
    I was going by this statement. So something was amiss. Lets hope any other locales which have disappeared on their own accord are identified and re-added.
    Perhaps you should check your facts before posting.
    BTW,
    You can keep your sanctimonious, insincere and fake pleasantries towards me to yourself. Do not address me personally again.
    I always reply to posts with a courteous and personalised introduction. I won't be changing that any time soon.

This comment has been reported to the moderators.

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Thanks
    So either you or Nekrub2 is posting something incorrect.

As he used to use the keyboard and it disappeared, I am inclined to accept what he is stating. The image is for users to use. Changes are done for user's benefit.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Poster,

Here is the OpenViX version of VirtualKeyBoard.py immediately preceding my refactor:
    https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/b...ualKeyBoard.py

If you checked the repository as I suggested then you would note that there is no "de_CH" or Swiss German keyboard in sight.

Apologies accepted but not expected.

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Thanks
    So Nekrub2 is lying then?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Poster,
    So Nekrub2 is lying then?
    I did not, and would not, say that. There could be conditions unknown to me that could have caused the issue. All I can confirm is that the code with which I started did not support Swiss German.

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Thanks
    4. For German there is only the choice of the Germany layout - the Swiss German layout, which was available before is gone.
    @Nekrub2, please explain yourself.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    As a matter of interest what is the floating "INS" text shown in the screen shot of the German keyboard and which is also present (in a slightly different place) on the English keyboard I have configured? Is it meant to be a toggling Insert/Replace and if so how is it selected?
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    As a matter of interest what is the floating "INS" text shown in the screen shot of the German keyboard and which is also present (in a slightly different place) on the English keyboard I have configured? Is it meant to be a toggling Insert/Replace and if so how is it selected?
    INSert / OVeerwRite. Press the info key.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

adm (16-11-18)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast