Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Virtual keyboard bugs

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual keyboard bugs

Title
    Thanks

arrow left <

Arrow left (close to 0 on vu+ remote) jumps and highlights first character but does not delete.

Furthermore I was wondering what the key ALL would help. Of course you can press ALL and start writing with the effect that only the new entries are there. But you get the same if you click on CLR.
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

Title
    Thanks

Skin Army_MoodBlue - ownership

I would have expected that for every skin available in the plugin download the ownership would be documented.

Having searched in the skin section I fould a thread on this.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...=Army+MoodBlue
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nekrub2 View Post
    Can you please send me a link on the documentation how to install the screen graber?
    It's already installed and part of the web Interface.

Find the IP of your box
    Menu -> Information -> Network -> IP =

Then
    Menu -> Plugins -> click on OpenWebif
    OpenWebInterface Enabled = yes
    Use new design = no
    Press green to save settings.

If your box is connected to your home network, in your PCs web browser address bar type in the IP address of your box.
    The webif will open up in your web browser
    One of the options down the left hand edge is "Grab Screenshot" (which includes any box menus you may have on your TV screen)
    Right click on the screenshot that appears to get a list of options - save, copy etc.

webif.jpg
    Last edited by adm; 10-11-18 at 23:24.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in responding here. I have been unwell.

The new VirtualKeyBoard is a complete rewrite and optimisation over all previous versions. Apart from cleaning up the code I wanted to make the keyboards look more like the keyboard you may have sitting on your study desk. All the changes can be reviewed in the /doc/VIRTUALKEYBOARD documentation in the repository as well as the code in the repository. For end users the online HELP system has been activated for the VirtualKeyBoard.

The skins were to be changed and updated by another developer who, due to personal reasons, was unable to complete the works. I was given a list of skins that had to be converted and those skins were updated by me. The documentation file I mentioned above will assist any other skin maintainers to update their skins. Please also note that skin control of the button colours has now changed. There is a new skin parameter that controls the text colour for each of the shift levels.

The "<" and ">" buttons either side of the zero "0" button are no longer edit buttons. This was done to work in with other UI navigation changes that are being developed to provide a unified and consistent navigation paradigm across Enigma2. Please use the online HELP button to help you find the buttons you need to use. By default PLAY or PLAY/PAUSE will delete characters under the cursor while BACK and STOP will delete characters to the left of the cursor. Think of PLAY pointing to the right as the forward delete and BACK (or STOP) as pointing backward along the line. The "<" and ">" now let you jump to the beginning or end of the text buffer respectively. The ALL button selects all the text in the text buffer. The CLR buffer clears the text buffer. The YELLOW or LOC button produces a pop up menu of all locales available for the VirtualKeyBoard. The INFO button provides access to the insert or overwrite modes of text entry. (The current mode should be displayed on any of the skins I converted and will hopefully be displayed on other skins when they are updated by their author or maintainer.)

If there are any languages or layouts have been missed then please provide me with the language and format that is missing together with any sample layouts that represent the way the language should be displayed. (I note that one such request has already been made. I will get to this ASAP.) New keyboards don't have to be 14 cells wide as the new code will automatically present ANY width keyboard up to 14 cells wide. Skins modified to work with the 14 cell wide keyboard will automatically work with any narrower keyboards. Also keyboards can have ANY number of shift levels though for the moment I have only coded for 4 different levels of shift.

I would also like to mention that all text cells (except SPACE) can now be translated to other languages. Apart from the SPACE button all text buttons are now dynamically created and the text is available for translation. There are no more text buttons that are made up of fixed images.

If there are any other questions or requests please ask.

Regards,
    Ian.
    Last edited by IanSav; 11-11-18 at 08:11.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IanSav For This Useful Post:

Donnie (11-11-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Nekrub2,
    Quote Originally Posted by nekrub2 View Post
    Am I correct in saying that you want the de_CH (German - SWITZERLAND) locale?

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Nekrub2,

To help me make the changes you want could you please highlight what changes you would like made to the standard German layout. For example, you could capture screen images of the two German shift levels and then, in an image editor, mark how things should be changed.

Alternatively you could specify grid positions for each shift level and tell me what characters should be moved from where to where. Also what characters need to be removed and what characters need to be added.

Regards,
    Ian.
    Last edited by IanSav; 11-11-18 at 12:38.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    How do we make this work with remote timer plugin?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Abu,

What is the remote timer plugin?

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    It is a plugin for setting timers on a remote machine.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...e-timer-plugin

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Abu,

I looked at the source code for that plugin and can't see any reference to VirtualKeyBoard or NumericalTextInput. The code does use ConfigList so it should already have an interface to NumericalTextInput and VirtualKeyBoard for any text based settings.

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Ian

I have created you a layout PDF for Swiss German and attach you two pictures out of thisKeyb_German_Swiss_Upper Case.jpgKeyb_German_Swiss_Lower Case.jpg.

Thanks for your help

nekrub2
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Nekrub2,

I am working on the Swiss keyboard option but I was not happy with my initial results. I am tweaking the design and will post the results for your approval soon.

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Nekrub2,

Please review the attached screen captures of the proposed Swiss version of the German keyboard. If these are acceptable I will commit the changes. If you want/need any changes please give me grid coordinates of each image and the change required.

Swiss0.jpg

Swiss1.jpg

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Nekrub2,

Can you please review the Swiss keyboard proposal. If I don't hear back within 24 hours I will submit this layout to the repository.

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

Swiss German locale pull request filed with OpenViX and OpenPLi.

Regards,
    Ian.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast