Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Problems trying to use multiboot

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems trying to use multiboot

Title
    Thanks

Problems trying to use multiboot

I have been trying to install openatv 6.2 in the 2nd partition of my Mut@nt HD51 using Vix/Image manager.

When I did this Vix Enigma restarted and generated log file 1541623108.29. The flash itself appears to work.

After this happened I used Standby and Restart/Multiboot. Vix crashed and generated log file 1541623150.23

I have sent both log files.

When I try to install openpli 6.2 using Vix/Image manager the imaged is not flashed and I get an error message I think saying some link can not be created.

If there are specific images of openatv and openpli which are know to work with multiboot I would be happy to try these.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 2,245 Posts
    On OpenPli which openPli image are you using ... they create 2, 1 for usb flashing and one for online flashing
    I will try and find your log files ... but just in case can you post them here?
    Also which ViX image version are you using????
    If you flashed the 2nd partition successfully then it should reboot and you will get the startup wizard.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Looked at the logs ... need to look more tomorrow.
    In the meantime can you use filezilla to look at which files are in /boot ??
    You shoud have STARTUP, STARTUP_1, STARTUP_2, STARTUP_3 and STARTUP_4 the system is saying they do not exist
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you for your interest. I will make sure that I am trying to use a correct Openpli image

First crash log:
    Enigma2_crash_2018-11-07_20-23-16.log

2nd crash log:
    Enigma2_crash_2018-11-07_20-25-43.log

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Looked at the logs ... need to look more tomorrow.
    In the meantime can you use filezilla to look at which files are in /boot ??
    You shoud have STARTUP, STARTUP_1, STARTUP_2, STARTUP_3 and STARTUP_4 the system is saying they do not exist
    Well it is quite right. I only have one STARTUP file!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by machare View Post
    Well it is quite right. I only have one STARTUP file!
    That's a problem!!!!
    unzip this file and copy the STARTUP's to /boot (you need to run a telnet session 1st e.g. putty login as root then init 4 (freeze the box), copy the files to /boot and then enter init 6 to reboot.
    Then try again.

Did you start with OpenPli???? as 1st flash??

STARTUP.zip
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    The box came with the factory default Openpli. It did not take long before I got fed up and flashed it with Vix using a USB stick. I will try with you STARTUP file and let you know how I get on.

Title
    Thanks
    I have installed the additional STARTUP files. This has stopped the above crashes.

The problem I now have is that it when I use Standby and Restart/Multiboot and select an openatv image the box shows Multiboot on the front panel but just boots my original Vix image.

Also I have failed to find 'openpli images suitable for online flashing'. Please Could you tell me exactly where I should look

Title
    Thanks
    I would like to add that Menu/Information/About always shows the bootmode =1 even if I select Vix mode 12 in Restart/Multiboot.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by machare View Post
    I have installed the additional STARTUP files. This has stopped the above crashes.

The problem I now have is that it when I use Standby and Restart/Multiboot and select an openatv image the box shows Multiboot on the front panel but just boots my original Vix image.

Also I have failed to find 'openpli images suitable for online flashing'. Please Could you tell me exactly where I should look
    OpenPli .. select the image that says multiboot in the title in their downloads.
    Will look at the bootmode 12 comment later. .... have a few issues today at home .. so will be later.,,, but why are you using bootmode 12? As bootmode 1 is the default for good reason for the hd51.

Can you turn on debug logs Menu/system/logs/settings and move log location to other than flash.
    Then restart the system and try to multiboot to the ATV image then post here the debug logs.
    If you can also send me a screenshot of the multiboot restart screen showing the slots before you choose it would be a help. (Use web interface) ... if a problem just post logs.

The problem lies with the original OpenPli image..... but when you usb flashed OpenViX it should have flashed the boot file anew..... really strange.
    Last edited by twol; 08-11-18 at 07:32.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you for your help. These are the two log files created when I tried to multiboot ATV
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    I have now found the openpli multiboot images. I have put the image in slot 3. These are the log files created when I run Menu\Standby and Restart\Multiboot and select the mode 1 version.

I have tried to use the mode 12 versions as I am more interested in PIP than Kodi!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks .... you are very cooperative. Understand the PIP requirement.
    Can you tell me what the system says is in the slots on the multiboot restart list?
    I need some time to investigate but will come back to you as soon as I can ... may need to provide you with some replacements .py‘s to get information.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    slot1 - Openvix 5.2 rel 009 mode 1 (current image)
    slot2 - Openatv 6.2 rel 31-10-18 mode 1
    slot3 - Openpli 6.2 rel 05-11-18 mode 1

slot1 - Openvix 5.2 rel 009 mode 12
    slot2 - Openatv 6.2 rel 31-10-18 mode 12
    slot3 - Openpli 6.2 rel 05-11-18 mode 12

When I first flashed HD51 with Vix I did use settings from another box (Xtrend ET9000 or Octagon SF4008) - I hope that is not the cause of my problems. I can just reflash the box if that would help.

Title
    Thanks
    Possibly ... not a good thing to do because its more than Bouquets etc. has some config information in there for tuners and such.
    Just let me check a few things!! .. hopefully not more than an hour
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast