Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gigablue LCD panel: Picon background not transparent

Title
    Thanks

Question Gigablue LCD panel: Picon background not transparent

There seems to be a light blue background on the front panel picon background. Ive tried disabling background colour in the options or changing it to transparent, but its just the same. OSD is fine.

Any ideas?

Title
    Thanks
    Did you find an solution for this? mine are doing exactly the same thing.

Title
    Thanks
    Same here (on UHD UE4K). The ones downloaded from the plugin feeds look great but are old and some are missing. The current ones from picons.eu have this horrid blue background and look like crap. Especially the BBC TWO ones that are practically invisible.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have always downloaded the picons manually and replaced the BBC 1 & 2 ones as I always thought they looked better anyway.bbc1hd.pngbbc2hd.png

Title
    Thanks
    How do you make the background black for all the others though?
    The old ones from the feed look great, the latest ones look terrible. They have a blue/grey mist when used in the LCD skin.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry I misunderstood I thought you were discussing just the BBC picons, I didn't realise this issue was with all new picons because I am using the old ones and manually download new picons and individually change them when needed, which is not very often.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Which exact picon set are you using?

BTW, the ones on the plugin server are old

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The ones I use are the Ocram SRP Picons (service reference named picons) snp-full.400x240-400x240.light.on.transparent and as confirmed by the members here the new picons do have a blue/grey mist when used in the LCD skin.

Title
    Thanks
    I tried with "enigma2-plugin-picons-srp-full.100x60-86x46.light.on.transparent_2019-03-04--22-28-13_all.ipk" on a GB UE 4K. There is indeed an issue. The picons work fine on a Solo 4k and Duo4k. Needs further investigation.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    @abu - I noticed this on the enigma2-plugin-picons-snp-full.400x240-400x240.light.on.transparent_2019-01-27--17-58-53_all.ipk set that I downloaded from picons.eu back in January. I had been using the version from Vix before this, but it was out of date as it didn't have the Virgin Media picons that are now needed for Saorview. Even at that, I had to rename some of the Virgin Media picons as the channels are named "Virgin One" on Saorview, rather than "Virgin 1" etc.

The version from picons.eu look perfect on screen, but have a blue/grey background on the LCD screen on my Gigablue Quad Plus. It happens on all channels. I hadn't bothered reporting it as the Vix version was ok (but incomplete/out of date).
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    I remember a similar issue where trial posted something similar about the duo2. Was a few years ago, maybe in the SNP thread.

We need to compare the picons and see what the differences are.

EDIT:
    Looks like the picons on the the Vix server are not transparent, maybe named wrongly.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (09-03-19)

Title
    Thanks
    I did try all the different varieties on picons.eu but none looked like the old ones on the Vix feed, and none looked good either (in my opinion).
    So I stuck with the old ones.

I also made a solid black one as picon_default so that missing ones are black rather than white space.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I remember a similar issue where trial posted something similar about the duo2. Was a few years ago, maybe in the SNP thread.

We need to compare the picons and see what the differences are.

EDIT:
    Looks like the picons on the the Vix server are not transparent, maybe named wrongly.
    @abu - do you know what the background colour is, if not transparent? The picons I downloaded from picon.eu two months ago (420x200) were labelled transparent and looked fine on the TV screen, but not on the LCD on the Quad Plus. When I re-checked picons.eu yesterday I couldn't see any 420x200 picons on the list.

I see you've pulled the original set from the Vix repository in the dev builds. Any alternative sources to picons.eu?
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Ocram picons are on link below now

https://github.com/picons/picons/releases

Please post any link references that need to be added. My graphics skills are not good enough to compare the differences.

Maybe someone with another receiver that has a colour LCD, maybe an ET8500 can check for transparency issues with the picons. If it is the picons, I'll ask Ocram to have a look.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (12-03-19)

Title
    Thanks
    I'll try a few downloads of 400x240 with different backgrounds and see which works best on the Quad Plus. Thanks for the direct link. Funny, though, the picons.eu downloads link is now pointing to the same github list. When I checked a couple of days ago I just got a limited set which had been released/committed by @hotio.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast