Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vix 5.2 002 with Sundtek tuners

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Smile Vix 5.2 002 with Sundtek tuners

It seems that 5.2 002 will jam during boot in Ultimo 4K if you have Sundtek usb-tuners installed. Same thing is in ATV 6.2 and PurE2 images when VU+ drivers are 2018.10.05. When jam happens, just delete with ftp /usr/sundtek directory and boot again.
    For some reason if I complain this matter to Sundtek, they insist me having chat with their system. Jus wonder why because I have explained this fault in Sundtek support.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    I would prefer to speak directly to a system engineer and resolve/identify exact cause and reach fix quickly.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    FWIW my ET10K with a Sundtek usb dvb-c/t2 tuner hasn't had any issues on 5.2.002.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    FWIW my ET10K with a Sundtek usb dvb-c/t2 tuner hasn't had any issues on 5.2.002.
    I`m not talking about ET10K but VU+ Ultimo 4K with latest VU+ drivers dated 2018.10.05. Xtrend ET 10000 I gave free to my neighbor years ago because of lousy facilities.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tappari View Post
    I`m not talking about ET10K but VU+ Ultimo 4K with latest VU+ drivers dated 2018.10.05. Xtrend ET 10000 I gave free to my neighbor years ago because of lousy facilities.
    I know, I seem to remember a similar reply last time I tried to be helpful, FWIW.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I'm currently testing pure2 on my vuuno4k with FBC dvb-c tuner and a Sundtek USB sat tuner without issues with the same Driver date.

I did have issues with unofficial OpenATV 6.3 image where it was randomly sticking on boot but removing the tuner allowed me to boot box and a quick reflashed fixed it but I put that down to unstable image.

I would enable debug logs then enable tuner and when the box jams on boot grab log and send it to Sundtek support there chat team is actually good when I had issues with my first tuner they fixed it straight away.
    Last edited by dsayers; 18-10-18 at 16:46.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    There have been 10 (ten) Sundtek driver updates in the last 2 weeks, so something can't be quite going to plan.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

dsayers (18-10-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    There have been 10 (ten) Sundtek driver updates in the last 2 weeks, so something can't be quite going to plan.
    The latest Sundtek driver dated 2018-10-14 does not work with ViX 5.2 002.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The latest Sundtek driver dated 2018-10-14 does not work with ViX 5.2 002.
    Well it works for me, but not for you.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well it works for me, but not for you.
    Try it with VU+ Ultimo 4K.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Try it with VU+ Ultimo 4K.
    What tuner are you using? Sat or cable? I'll flash my Uno4k over the weekend using Sundtek USB sat tuner if I get chance and test but you maybe best going through Sundtek chat

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    When talking about VU+ Ultimo 4K. Let me explain what my needs are. At the moment I have satellite FBC tuner in tunerslot A and this old fashion C/T2 dualtuner in slot C. The reason I have two Sundtek T2 tuners is that this dualtuner in slot C is not enough.
    VU+ has announced so called "Advanced T2 dualtuner" already in Anga 2017 exhibition. This tuner fits to FBC tunerslot. Same tuner will fit to coming VU+ Duo 4K whitch have only two FBC tunerslots. Unfortenately this tuner is badly delayed.
    Local dealer in Finland promised this coming at the end of August. I ordered one in June, but they tell that delivery might be possible at the end of January 2019. Sad.
    When I receive this new T2 tuner, I will throw those Sundteks out of the window.
    Last edited by tappari; 18-10-18 at 17:37.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    You'd be better contacting Sundtek tech support.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Throw them into my window.

Have a word with @sundtek he will sort issue out.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    What tuner are you using? Sat or cable? I'll flash my Uno4k over the weekend using Sundtek USB sat tuner if I get chance and test but you maybe best going through Sundtek chat
    I flashed vix 5.2002 this morning on my Uno4k and enabled my Sundtek USB sat tuner and rebooted without errors. I then updated Sundtek drivers via the Sundtek plugin and box rebooted fine.

I then ran a software update to upgrade to 5.2003 and box booted fine. So maybe specific tuner config issues.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (19-10-18)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast