Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Problem with Image ...

Title
    Thanks

Problem with Image ...

Hi all, i would really appreciate some help please with a constant issue with the image i am using.

I am getting a spinner regularly appearing whether i am using the receiver or not. It has become unbearable having
    to switch off at the back then wait to reboot again many times every day. The spinner just 'freezes' or stays constant.

Also, every morning when i want to use the receiver i have the attached error message appear and again i can only use the
    receiver if i switch off and reboot. If it's not this it's the frozed spinner. I so desperately want to be able to use Vix but it has got to the point where i need to revert back to OpenPli where i know this issue doesn't happen.

I am using OpenVix 5.1 09 and before i was using OpenVix 05 with the same issues. I have tried a software update, i have also flashed many of the final versions of OpenVix 5.1 and also the OpenVix 5.2 001 but i cannot use these images because for whatever reason, maybe something has changed in the build, when my family watch our iptv service subscribed to we get constant problems of picture and audio normal then audio cuts out and the picture begins to break and on many other channels the picture looks like it is speeded up and plays 'jerky' or freezes. When i revert to my backups of 5.1 005 and 5.1 009 the picture and audio is perfect except for the issues as explained which makes the image frustrating to use.

I have attached the error message i get every day in the hope someone may recognise what the cause could be of this particular problem before i change over. I have an Xtrend 9200. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    You need to reflash with the latest image (ViX 5.2.001) and just use bare minimum (no backup restores) and just use as a Sky FTA receiver for a few days and don’t install any plugins or install your IPTV. Then gradually start adding things in, step by step. Its the only way you’ll get to the root cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    The ET9200 was my 1st E2 receiver, so some time ago ... but a very good receiver at the time.
    However, the drivers are old and not supported and the receiver by modern standards is short on memory - ViX comes with far more built in than OpenPli so that will be an issue for starters.
    However, even OpenPli now regular update the base that the image is built from, so at some stage you will have an issue.
    Then of course you mentioned IPTV, which is an issue all by itself in terms of picture consistency and vendor reliability.

So at some point you need to look at replacing the receiver.
    Last edited by twol; 16-10-18 at 19:33.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Using a Pli image brings up none of these issues as i have tried it out for some time, it has been flawless.
    I understand what you mean about the receiver but it still doesn't explain the differences between the Vix issues
    and the Pli image without issues. It woulld be nice to know as the Vix image is my preferred image although cannot be tolerated as is.
    Which receiver would be recommended as a replacement that will give the best in picture quality, speed (especially in changing channels, operating plugins and booting)?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by giorgoulla99 View Post
    Using a Pli image brings up none of these issues as i have tried it out for some time, it has been flawless.
    I understand what you mean about the receiver but it still doesn't explain the differences between the Vix issues
    and the Pli image without issues. It woulld be nice to know as the Vix image is my preferred image although cannot be tolerated as is.
    Which receiver would be recommended as a replacement that will give the best in picture quality, speed (especially in changing channels, operating plugins and booting)?
    Sorry to say this, but ViX & IPTV do not go hand in hand. If OpenPLi works for you, stick with that image.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    The Mut@nt HD51 is a great receiver and the new Octagon SF8008 is great too, but no Internal HDD facility with the Octagon, whereas the Mut@nt can take an Internal HDD.

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you for your recommendation.
    Am i able to install the following plugins on this receiver?
    Mediaportal, TSMedia,E2iPlayer(IPTVPlayer), KodiLite and install my softcam and iptv sub on this receiver?
    Is it fast?
    Finally, does anyone know why the error message keeps appearing regarding the 'Softcam Manager' (from what i can tell) as in the attached pic?

Title
    Thanks

Problem with Image ...

You’ll need to provide proper logs, zipped and upload here.

The plugins you use for e.g. TSmedia, Kodi Lite, ITV Player, I’m afraid to say there are better plugins available. FYI, Kodi Lite is no longer available. Stalker is available on those boxes I recommended, that might be your best option for the IPTV. Hardware “full blown” Kodi 17.6 is available for the Octagon SF8008. Software Kodi 17.6 is available for the HD51. Suls plugin is also available for another alternative IPTV method, provided your supplier is ok with it. Finally for your softcam needs, you will need to learn Oscam as these are next gen boxes and Mgcamd or Cccam won’t work.