Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Freezing picture

Title
    Thanks

Freezing picture

I have now had a couple of instances where the picture has frozen and the sound has carried on, my fix was a reboot but this is a annoying fix as it interrupts any recording or would do if it was, any help out there for this?
    It is not a regular thing but has happened twice in a month the last time being on BBC 1 hd not sure of the first time it happened.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    what is your setup? iptv, sat/cable? freezing doesn't happen on BBC1, unless using iptv
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    My set up is sat I do have iptv and expect occasional freezing/buffering from that, the difference in this sat bbc1 hd freeze is that the sound carries on!!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I had exactly the same problem and removing IPTV resolved it. Not sure if there's a fix for it though. I'm happy enough with FTA.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Confused.com View Post
    My set up is sat I do have iptv and expect occasional freezing/buffering from that, the difference in this sat bbc1 hd freeze is that the sound carries on!!
    Reflash the receiver and test just with Sky FTA channels. Don’t use any backup restores, set up as new and don’t add any additional plugins. Then test the FTA channels for a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Confused.com (15-10-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Andy
    Just to update you on the freezing issue, I did all that you suggested with some degree of success I eventually reflashed to OpenAtv 6.2 and as I was keeping the Iptv wooshbuild infinity !! I still got the occasional freeze and it didn't matter what channel was on so I tried a few other things one being clearing all the recordings and not using the hard drive for recordings and it didn't freeze in this period.
    The box was a refurbished one when I got it and I know no history of the hdd as it was in it ,Hitachi 500gb, going forward I have got a brand new Toshiba 500gb which I am going to fit in the next few days and I'm hoping this will be the fix!!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Nice to get feedback!
    I believe when you use a modified build such as wooshbuild, you have to accept issues - I would be interested if you received the same support from wooshbuild as on this forum - sometimes its better to take an image (such as OpenViX) and learn how to add features.
    Then when things go wrong its easier to try and resolve the issue.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Confused.com (15-01-19),Willo3092 (15-01-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    I did try most things with openvix before reflashing, although the problem is still there it is down to once a week and not daily and hopefully cured with the hard drive!! You are right with regards to support but when you don't get any you try harder!! The infinity build is self maintaining and is more user friendly with regards to plugins and Iptv and I would definitely recommend it for any one with this in mind.