Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Help with IPTV epg

Title
    Thanks

Help with IPTV epg

Got this box today. Not too bad. Stalker portal works, but the epg in the programme guide seems to be hit and miss.
    Anyone know how to fix this?
    Many thanks.
    2018-10-09 18.46.13.jpg

if i am on the channel and push epg button it's there , but its also supposed to be in the right hand side of the picture I've attached.

Many thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Well it's all working now. Not a bad box for the money. MAG portal works. Totally different to a mag in layout and menu's but not too bad for the price.
    Wish i could find a decent arrangement already done for the channels on freeview. Don't fancy doing it manually

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.raw View Post
    Well it's all working now. Not a bad box for the money. MAG portal works. Totally different to a mag in layout and menu's but not too bad for the price.
    Wish i could find a decent arrangement already done for the channels on freeview. Don't fancy doing it manually
    If have an enigma2 box, just scan ABM on FreeSat or Sky To Free Air or whatever you use, then can back up settings via echanneliser/dreamboxedit and restore via usb on Octagon SX88, plus other easier ways also.

Also check out Octagons-Forum its german but can translate as some info there also.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danny121pt View Post
    If have an enigma2 box, just scan ABM on FreeSat or Sky To Free Air or whatever you use, then can back up settings via echanneliser/dreamboxedit and restore via usb on Octagon SX88, plus other easier ways also.

Also check out Octagons-Forum its german but can translate as some info there also.
    I have edison box i can use but what a ballache lol.

Title
    Thanks
    I have edison box i can use but what a ballache lol.
    Probably an easier way, when someone sent me a SX88 to play with, I literally.

Scanned Sky UK FTA only, backed up settings for /etc/enigma2 then restored on SX88
    Added Mag Portals within Stalker.
    Updated to latest firmware, added WebTV (currently 4 Movies/Tv shows plugins and also Plex via pin connect if want own home server on it, not great but plays)
    Added some stuff via Xtream-Api connects and M3Us.

Once all set up, for £40/£50 whatever they are now, played iptv very good, pic was good on Sat side and friend who uses for scanning multi sats liked it also.

I no long have it, as was just a test unit and was a waste me keeping it, so gave it back.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danny121pt View Post
    Probably an easier way, when someone sent me a SX88 to play with, I literally.

Scanned Sky UK FTA only, backed up settings for /etc/enigma2 then restored on SX88
    Added Mag Portals within Stalker.
    Updated to latest firmware, added WebTV (currently 4 Movies/Tv shows plugins and also Plex via pin connect if want own home server on it, not great but plays)
    Added some stuff via Xtream-Api connects and M3Us.

Once all set up, for £40/£50 whatever they are now, played iptv very good, pic was good on Sat side and friend who uses for scanning multi sats liked it also.

I no long have it, as was just a test unit and was a waste me keeping it, so gave it back.
    How did you run plex mate? Was it via a plugin or just webpage?
    Also webtv apps seem to be Turkish and german only. Is that right?
    Xtream works but does not have any epg which is odd.

Stalker portal works flawlessly mind.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    If you want a decent IPTV app, Kodi, Plex with proper TV layout I'd take a look at the Golden Interstar G-200, only £64.95: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...nterstar-g-200
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

mr.raw (11-10-18)

Title
    Thanks
    How did you run plex mate? Was it via a plugin or just webpage?
    Also webtv apps seem to be Turkish and german only. Is that right?
    Xtream works but does not have any epg which is odd.

Stalker portal works flawlessly mind.
    Plex and latest movies/tv show plugins was in latest update in WebTV when I looked.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to danny121pt For This Useful Post:

mr.raw (11-10-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Cheers for replying.It's not on the sx88+ at the moment .

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    If you want a decent IPTV app, Kodi, Plex with proper TV layout I'd take a look at the Golden Interstar G-200, only £64.95: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...nterstar-g-200
    To be honest I have a shield and Edison triple . This was more as a toy/testing etc.
    Appreciate the reply. That g200 does look good though.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mr.raw For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (11-10-18)