Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How to easilly setup OpenATV on Octagon SF8008

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts

Thumbs up How to easilly setup OpenATV on Octagon SF8008

I'm posting this to help users while we complete the image for the Octagon SF8008.

OpenATV have two missing components that OpenViX has embedded, AutobouquetsMaker and Crossepg. To install these complete the first install Wizard.

Now go to Menu > Plugins > Press Green to download. I System plugins you will find AutobouquetsMaker and CrossEPG, install both one at a time.

Once installed reboot the receiver, hold down standby button on your remote and select restart on TV.

Once rebooted you will find AutobouquetsMaker in Menu > Setup > Service Searching. You will find CrossEPG in Menu > Setup > CrossEPG.

Kodi and QT Stalker can be found in Menu > Plugins > Press Green to download > Extensions.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (05-10-18),iain66 (05-10-18),john doe (17-10-18),mial (05-11-18),ngc.ie (07-10-18),Octagon-Germany (05-10-18),twol (05-10-18),Willo3092 (05-10-18)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts

Softcam feeds for OpenATV

Attached apk will install softcam feeds for OpenATV.

FTP the APK to /tmp/
    Press blue button > Plugins > Select IPK install on right side > Install from memory /tmp

OScam configs go in /usr/keys
    Attached Files Attached Files
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (08-10-18)

Title
    Thanks
    OpenViX released for the new Octagon SF8008, download from:
    http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/d...images/sf8008/

Title
    Thanks

Lightbulb

How to install Enigma2 satellite receiver software on the Octagon SF8008:
    1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.
    2. Download the image of your choice and extract the .zip.
    3. Open the extracted folder e.g: (openvix-5.2.022.release-sf8008_mmc) you will see a folder named ‘octagon’ and a file named ‘usb_update.bin’, these are the image files. Copy the entire 'octagon' folder and 'usb_update.bin' directly to the root (top level) of your USB stick.

Flashing the Receiver
    1. Power off the receiver using the back on/off switch.
    2. Ensure no other USB devices are plugged into the receiver.
    3. Insert your USB stick containing the image into the rear USB port.
    4. Hold down the front Standby button, then Power the receiver on using the back on/off switch. Release the front button when ‘updt’ appears on front display of the receiver.
    5. Wait for the recovery menu to appear on TV, then select ‘Recovery from USB’ and press OK on your remote.
    6. You will see the progress on your TV screen and if successful the reveiver will reboot itself after the flashing process has completed.
    7. Remove USB stick that contains the images files.

The flashing process should take approximately two to four minutes to complete. While the receiver is being flashed, it is important that you DO NOT power the receiver down for any reason as this can cause serious and/or permanent damage.

If the receiver bypasses the flash files on the USB stick and boots into the existing image instead you may need to format your USB to FAT32 using the 'HP Format tool' or try an alternative USB stick.

Links to software mentioned in guide below:

7zip http://www.7-zip.org
    Teracopy http://codesector.com/teracopy
    HP format tool http://www.pcworld.com/product/946261/hp-usb-disk-storage-format-tool.html
    This tutorial was brought to you by ©world-of-satellite.co.uk in association OpenViX and world-of-satellite.com

Here are some links to Octagon SF8008 images:

OpenViX http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/octagon-images/sf8008/
    OpenATV http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/index.php?open=sf8008
    Last edited by EGGMANCAN; 21-01-19 at 13:04.