Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: OpenTv 28.2 Sky UK - No Short Description Field populated

Title
    Thanks

OpenTv 28.2 Sky UK - No Short Description Field populated

Hi,

When using only OpenTV to populate the EPG there is no data ever populated into the short description field. Is this is an omission or does OpenTV just not use that field?

Thanks in Advance

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Can you post a screenshot of what you mean please?

Title
    Thanks
    Sure, the first is taken using the OpenTV provider:

IMG_6077.jpg

And there is nothing displayed between the title and the long description.

Here is a second using an XMLTV provider and you'll see the short desc populated with '[Drama] (E6)':

IMG_6829.jpg

There is not a single EPG entry using the OpenTV provider which contains any information in the short description field. Just wondering if this is expected.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 24-09-18 at 00:40.

Title
    Thanks
    If it helps, guide to screenshots on link below
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...o-attach-files

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    You say OpenTV Sky but you are on FreeSat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    That is the recommended provider to use if you are on 28.2 correct. At least from what I could find online If there was an option to select Freesat I would have chosen that open TV provider. Although it’s still not clear that would have given me the short description field.

Title
    Thanks
    The EPG from the XMLTV providers in CrossEPG downloader and from EPG Importer is fetched from various online sources then hosted on a few websites by the Rytec team. It is not read from the data on the satellite.

The Freesat EPG will get absorbed while you are on Freesat channels. There is a frequency that will allow a fast absorption, I can't remember which it is.

Title
    Thanks
    I’ve been running this setup for two years and had no idea it would work this way. Well don’t I feel foolish.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    The EPG from the XMLTV providers in CrossEPG downloader and from EPG Importer is fetched from various online sources then hosted on a few websites by the Rytec team. It is not read from the data on the satellite.

The Freesat EPG will get absorbed while you are on Freesat channels. There is a frequency that will allow a fast absorption, I can't remember which it is.
    Well if anyone has these details I’d love to see them and happy to write a guide on how to get it all working so other don’t make the same mistake I did.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You shouldnt have to do anything to get the Freesat epg. It comes in automatically once you are watching a freesat channel.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    You say OpenTV Sky but you are on FreeSat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regardless of which I'm on Freesat or Sky if I choose to use OpenTV from crossepg I should still get the short description populated. Am I correct in this assumption?

Or is this a bug in crossepg where short description is not being read correctly?