Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Genre, Series Link and OpenTV on 28.2E - Extending Kodi Plugin

Title
    Thanks

Genre, Series Link and OpenTV on 28.2E - Extending Kodi Plugin

Hi,

This may not be the correct forum for this post so please redirect me if I'm in the wrong place.

I've been working on extending the features of the Kodi plugin for VuPlus/Enigma2 devices. I've just added support for Timeshift and AutoTimers.

What would be great would be if I could also add Genre, Season, Episode and Series Link. Genre and Series Link should be in the OpenTV data, looking at the source I see genre is stored but series link is not. Could this just be case for extending the opentv support for series link? Also, if I enable show genre info for events in the UI settings I don't appear to see anything.

On season and episode info the norm appears to be extracting this info from the descriptions fields. I don't see a better way of doing this but I'm open to ideas. In OpenTV there is not a lot of Season Episode data but get quite a bit if I move to XMLTV providers.

Any guidance on plugins or approaches that may help please let me know

I'm on the latest version of Vix.

Thanks in advance

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    I don't believe the series number is recognised by Enigma2. I may be mistaken, so please feel free to correct me.

Nobody has worked on CrossEPG reader for a while. Ideally it should be an embedded reader. It is a two stage process, so doubt it will be easily implemented.

TvHeadeend can read OpenTV EPG natively. Their repository is on link below.
    https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheade...er/src/epggrab

LraiZer made a radio times emulator, that may be easier to work with than CrossEPG
    https://github.com/LraiZer/RadiotimesXmltvEmulator

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, I saw TV headend which is where I got the original info from.

If you can explain what an embedded reader is and show me an example I’m happy to take a look at it. May turn into nothing but who knows.

Title
    Thanks
    If you go into EPG settings, you will see options for Freesat and Virgin. Those are examples for EPG readers embedded into Enigma2

Title
    Thanks
    Hold on, I read a guide saying I had to use cross EPG for freesat. Are you saying I don't need to do this and it will grab the full 7 day epg for freesat without cross EPG?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phunkyfish View Post
    Hold on, I read a guide saying I had to use cross EPG for freesat. Are you saying I don't need to do this and it will grab the full 7 day epg for freesat without cross EPG?
    Yes, it will be absorbed slowly though.

Title
    Thanks
    I did a bit of digging and I've found that the Freesat EPG is on 11428H, 27500 2/3. However there doesn't appear to be any channels on that frequency.

So if I want to load it quickly how would I connect to the home transponder? I could use a zap timer once there was a channel there.

I'll test it later but I'm curious to see how long it takes on any freesat channel to download it.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Form what I can tell, it takes around 30 seconds on the "freesat home transponder", and up to 20 minutes elsewhere (the same as freeview).

So any late reschedules could take up to 20 minutes to filter through.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Form what I can tell, it takes around 30 seconds on the "freesat home transponder", and up to 20 minutes elsewhere (the same as freeview).

So any late reschedules could take up to 20 minutes to filter through.
    Ok, so can I set a tuner permanently to the freesat home transponder so it's always updating if I want to?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    … you'll have to try it yourself, I haven't got freesat. Delete the epg and see how quick it actually is.

It makes sense to default to the home transponder if it is fast, you can set the box up to always use it when booting up.

The epg will still get updated whatever channel you're tuned to.
    Last edited by ccs; 24-09-18 at 15:11.