Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buttons for FF and Rewind

Title
    Thanks

Buttons for FF and Rewind

I have 2 boxes (a TM-Nano2 Super and a Mutant HD51). Both are running the same level of SW as above with identical settings. However, in playback on the TM box, pressing Left or Right Arrow (either side of OK) simply rewinds or fast forwards the recording, whilst the Mutant brings up a seekbar. I much prefer the TM way of operating as I hate using the fiddly little << and >> keys at the bottom of the remote. I found a thread on this subject on here from last year, but it's not clear to me whether this issue was ever resolved. I can't find anything in the menus relating to the "seekbar" or any way to inhibit it or indeed to reassign the function of the L & R arrows. Can anyone help or at least explain why these two boxes with identical software behave differently???
    Thanks
    Martin

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    On my ET10K, right and left (of the ok button), >> and << will fast forward and reverse. The progress bar shows, but there is a setting to turn it off.

Long press right button gives me the seekbar, continuing to press moves you further into the recording.

Long press >> button gives me the dialogue to jump n minutes.

I haven't changed any defaults, and have always been confused by seekbar and progress bar, so may well have given them the wrong names.

Maybe there is a subtle difference between short and long press, particularly if you're using a universal remote where you have programmed the values.

Title
    Thanks
    "On my ET10K, right and left (of the ok button), >> and << will fast forward and reverse. The progress bar shows, but there is a setting to turn it off."

This is how my TM works. I think the progress bar you're referring to may actually be the "info bar" (near the bottom of the screen?).

"Long press right button gives me the seekbar, continuing to press moves you further into the recording."

On the HD51, just a short press takes you straight to the seekbar (which I believe is the one at the top of the picture). Then you have to release the button then press and hold it again whereupon the picture doesn't fast forward at all, but a cursor just moves on the bar till you press OK and then the recording jumps to that point. Pretty hopeless really as you can't tell where you're jumping to!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deepthort View Post
    I have 2 boxes (a TM-Nano2 Super and a Mutant HD51). Both are running the same level of SW as above with identical settings. However, in playback on the TM box, pressing Left or Right Arrow (either side of OK) simply rewinds or fast forwards the recording, whilst the Mutant brings up a seekbar. I much prefer the TM way of operating as I hate using the fiddly little << and >> keys at the bottom of the remote. I found a thread on this subject on here from last year, but it's not clear to me whether this issue was ever resolved. I can't find anything in the menus relating to the "seekbar" or any way to inhibit it or indeed to reassign the function of the L & R arrows. Can anyone help or at least explain why these two boxes with identical software behave differently???
    Thanks
    Martin
    This has been mentioned before but nothing has been done. My Solo2 brings up a seek bar but used to ff or rw many software versions ago.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Turn the seekbar option off then. Doesn’t happen on my Solo2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post

I cannot see that option. Only seek bar activation which chooses which button to select it?
    Update: the seekbar activation setting is either long press left or right or long press << or >> but the seek bar shows on short press of left or right!
    Last edited by spanner123; 21-09-18 at 19:00.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post

How does one do that? Looked through the menus, can't find even a mention of seekbar!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    It's in recording and playback, and defaults to Long Left/Right, no option to turn it off.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    It's in recording and playback, and defaults to Long Left/Right, no option to turn it off.
    But it does not need a long press it brings up the seek bar straight away! That's the problem.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spanner123 View Post
    But it does not need a long press it brings up the seek bar straight away! That's the problem.
    Try changing it to something else, see if that setting does what you expect, and then change it back to the default, and see if it now works as you want.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Try changing it to something else, see if that setting does what you expect, and then change it back to the default, and see if it now works as you want.
    I have & still the same

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spanner123 View Post
    I have & still the same
    Maybe that kind of setting needs a GUI restart?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Maybe that kind of setting needs a GUI restart?
    Thanks tried that as well after your suggestion but still the same.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Way out of my depth now. File enigma2 / lib / python / Components / UsageConfig.py (on GitHub)

has references to leftright which don't make sense to me.

Code:
    config.seek.baractivation = ConfigSelection([("leftright", _("Long Left/Right")),("ffrw", _("Long << / >>"))], "leftright")
    Last edited by ccs; 21-09-18 at 19:39.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Way out of my depth now. File enigma2 / lib / python / Components / UsageConfig.py (on GitHub)

has references to leftright which don't make sense to me.

Code:
    config.seek.baractivation = ConfigSelection([("leftright", _("Long Left/Right")),("ffrw", _("Long << / >>"))], "leftright")
    That seems to be the two options in the menu. The <</>> long press works at it should but not the left/right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast