Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Editing Sky EPG

topgazza

Editing Sky EPG

I'm brand shiny new and about to be the owner of a Formuler F1 box and learning how to use it fully.

Just a quick question and hopefully in the right place. Can you edit a Sky EPG on the box to remove the channels you cant get ?

Sorry for the dumb question... they will get better

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Its not called Sky EPG. EPG is your 7 day programme guide. You mean your tv channels. You can use something like E-Channelizer to suit your needs then write them back to your receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 3,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by topgazza View Post
    I'm brand shiny new and about to be the owner of a Formuler F1 box and learning how to use it fully.

Just a quick question and hopefully in the right place. Can you edit a Sky EPG on the box to remove the channels you cant get ?

Sorry for the dumb question... they will get better
    Just use ABM to create the channel list. That way you won't have non-working channels.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

topgazza
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Just use ABM to create the channel list. That way you won't have non-working channels.
    Thanks guys.

One of my challenges at first is getting used to the terminology and it will take a while so please bear with me.

Someone is kindly putting the Sky "EPG" on the box for me and onto a mem stick for backup etc. I'm using a SkyHD+ box at the moment as a FTA box and Sky used to grey the encrypted channels out which they no longer do so the whole guide looks cluttered when all I want are the channels I can get. Basically Freesat plus Ch4/All 4 etc. It looks like E-Channellizer is the tool I'm going to need and and just need to work out where and how.

Its a steep learning curve but I'll get there. Need to find some good tutorials...

Title
    Thanks
    I prefer DreamboxEdit to E-Channelizer, but it really is just personal preference

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JonMMM For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Thanks guys.

One of my challenges at first is getting used to the terminology and it will take a while so please bear with me.

Someone is kindly putting the Sky "EPG" on the box for me and onto a mem stick for backup etc. I'm using a SkyHD+ box at the moment as a FTA box and Sky used to grey the encrypted channels out which they no longer do so the whole guide looks cluttered when all I want are the channels I can get. Basically Freesat plus Ch4/All 4 etc. It looks like E-Channellizer is the tool I'm going to need and and just need to work out where and how.

Its a steep learning curve but I'll get there. Need to find some good tutorials...
    In ViX’s ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker) for your providers use the Sky FTA only option for your region and all the non working Sky channels will be absent. Likewise, using “custom”region gives you all the working sky channels if you have a sky card/subscription.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

topgazza
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    In ViX’s ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker) for your providers use the Sky FTA only option for your region and all the non working Sky channels will be absent. Likewise, using “custom”region gives you all the working sky channels if you have a sky card/subscription.

I was just reading the manual in the support pages ( I know, shocking isnt it, someone reading the manual ) and noted that part and I wondered... no more. Thanks Andy

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 2,245 Posts
    I was just reading the manual in the support pages
    ........ Welcome, wish there were more users like you ..... would save a lot of posts!!!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

13. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

topgazza

Yet as a IT manager in the 3rd party maintenance business for 10 years I used to just get the big hammer and hit things..... then read the manual. The worm has turned

I think initially the fear is doing the wrong thing because "you" dont understand the question it poses and resisting the urge to tweak. Its also learning how to get into the configuration araes easisly to do things likeadd or remove channels and add apps and addons to the system without screwing it up. Hopefully when I ask a question I will have a better understanding of what the answer means.

But the manual is superbly written is a logical and straightforward way.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    There is an image backup option. There is also a settings backup option. Use them prior to testing changes so you can restore image/settings quickly.

You can also use openmultiboot. Think of it as a Virtaul Machine. You can experiment there and go back to the main image when you finish tinkering.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

topgazza
    Thanks Abu

Same priciapl as software development with three environments, development, testing and live......