Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Harmony problem with Vu+ codes is being fixed by Logitech support

Title
    Thanks

Cool Harmony problem with Vu+ codes is being fixed by Logitech support

This post is not asking for help but is basically to praise Logitech for the support they are giving me with Vu+ remote code problems being experienced using their Harmony One remote.

Problems arose because both the Duo2 and Solo2 were on code set 2. Changes to the code setting for the Solo2 gave consistent problems using the Harmony One, particularly with the navigator buttons. I finally settled on code group 1 but relearning the codes, using all possioble techniques, did not help. And the same problems occurred with another Harmony One remote I have so it was obviously not a hardware problem.

I had to contact Logitech several times but they finally took the problem up seriously and this morning forwarded a revised Solo 2 setup that did fix the navigator button problems (which were that one button press worked fine but subsequent use of the same button caused the cursor to jump many spaces). Other problems remain which I'm confident they will fix.

All rather odd because the Vu+ remote works fine with code set 1 but transferring those codes to a Harmony remote did not completely work for all functions. So I'm unsure if the problem is basically a Vu+ code problem or a programmable remote problem. I suspect there is something unusual with the Vu+ codes because I transferred to a Harmony One from a URC Aeros remote some time ago as the Aeros (850) was unable to "learn" the Vu+ codes correctly.

At one stage I looked at buying another remote but there was nothing out there that suited me. Most of the newer remotes have dispensed with number the buttons I require for file skipping so they are out. And the functions to control other house appliances do not interest me. All I need is a basic home theatre remote controller, able to handle 6 or more inputs, has macro provisions and a backlight + the number buttons - the Harmony One fills that bill perfectly, if only it could properly handle the extra Vu+ code set. Hopefully it soon will.
    Last edited by Tassie Devil; 17-09-18 at 01:49. Reason: Typo correction

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tassie Devil For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (17-09-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    VUs code is a bit special as they use a so called toggle bit which most universal remotes cannot learn or generate.

Learning a code with MyHarmony is a bit special I think because most user press the button on the original remote until they see a reaction from the software which is by far to long. A very short press is enough. I had never problems learning any IR signal when I pressed very short.

Code 1 for newer VUs is not the best idea as most/all newer boxes cannot be woken up from deep standby with this code. If you have to use another code set 3 or 4 will be a better choice.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks

Arrow Excellent support from Logitech

Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Devil View Post
    This post is not asking for help but is basically to praise Logitech for the support they are giving me with Vu+ remote code problems being experienced using their Harmony One remote.

Problems arose because both the Duo2 and Solo2 were on code set 2. Changes to the code setting for the Solo2 gave consistent problems using the Harmony One, particularly with the navigator buttons. I finally settled on code group 1 but relearning the codes, using all possioble techniques, did not help. And the same problems occurred with another Harmony One remote I have so it was obviously not a hardware problem.

I had to contact Logitech several times but they finally took the problem up seriously and this morning forwarded a revised Solo 2 setup that did fix the navigator button problems (which were that one button press worked fine but subsequent use of the same button caused the cursor to jump many spaces). Other problems remain which I'm confident they will fix.

All rather odd because the Vu+ remote works fine with code set 1 but transferring those codes to a Harmony remote did not completely work for all functions. So I'm unsure if the problem is basically a Vu+ code problem or a programmable remote problem. I suspect there is something unusual with the Vu+ codes because I transferred to a Harmony One from a URC Aeros remote some time ago as the Aeros (850) was unable to "learn" the Vu+ codes correctly.

At one stage I looked at buying another remote but there was nothing out there that suited me. Most of the newer remotes have dispensed with number the buttons I require for file skipping so they are out. And the functions to control other house appliances do not interest me. All I need is a basic home theatre remote controller, able to handle 6 or more inputs, has macro provisions and a backlight + the number buttons - the Harmony One fills that bill perfectly, if only it could properly handle the extra Vu+ code set. Hopefully it soon will.
    Further reply today.

The number buttons now work for continued skips if the same button is pressed repeatedly.

There are still problems with the Power Topggle, Exit and Green button which do not respond with repeated use use. And there is an unecessary delay switching between activities (say Solo 2 to Duo 2). But obviously the logitech technicians know what they are doing and are clever enough to fix these remaining quirks.

The remaining frustration is with VIX on the Solo2. For some obscure reason it will only display 24 hours of EPG, not 7 days as with the Duo. I asked for help in another thread, had one kind reply, but we never did find a solutiuon. This morning I did a complete new installation, scans and all, but I ended up wioth the same result. Why the Solo2 should be different to the Duo 2 when each have the same EPG plug in and same settings beats me.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    I have Solo2, Duo2 and some newer VUs and the PG is the same on all so I still think it must be in your settings. Which EPG plugins do you use with which settings?

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard