Moved house 8 weeks ago and finally got around to reconnecting my TM 7102 to the TV (for terrestrial HD viewing and replay of HDD recordings, while researching a motorised dish installation - other post!).

There's quite a buzzy noise coming from what I think is the PSU/transformer board. When first turned on, there was a screaming noise from the fan. A replug and switch off/on at the back seemed to deal with that.

I thought all was working fine - we had to re-tune all channels to get the full Freeview set. Watching BBC 1 HD a little later, though, signal kept dropping out momentarily. We have an amplified distributed TV connection from our loft, with a loft aerial directly facing and close to the Wrekin transmitter. Our TV has perfect vision off the same aerial feed, so I'm not sure it's a signal issue and possibly a sign of imminent failure.

As I'm about to invest in a top quality dish and motor to take in as much as I can get, I'm also considering running cables to a 2nd room, so, if the receiver is about to die, acquiring a new one isn't really a problem.

On the other hand, if it's a quick and easy fix, that saves my open/patched channels without having immediately to get to learn a newer technology receiver!

Any hints/tips - I have put in a message direct to TM too.