Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Nano2Super black screen then rebooting

Title
    Thanks

Nano2Super black screen then rebooting

My nano2super receiver has been very stable past couple of years but now it is constantly rebooting. Ive reflashed a few times but to no avail. Ive opened up box to change hard drive over and Ive discovered the heak sink has come loose.

Will need to order some paste to stick it back on. But could this be the fault. Ive removed the hard drive and will use memory stick for the meantime. I dont record so only need memory stick for EPG...

Ive taken the heatsink out of the box completely as dont want it falling about the main board..

I have tested the PSU as that was my first thought but its reading correct voltage...i dont have another psu to try as nano2super is 3.5a, highest i have is 2a.

Anybody else get this problem before...box doesnt even feel warm when the problem is happening so not too sure on how important a role the heatsink is actually playing...

UPDATE: the box doesnt reboot, the screen just goes black with no FTP function, have also got a brand new power supply and reflashed with only using memory stick and box still doing same thing....

Have also ran the box with no hdmi plugged in but still doing same thing with av connected
    Last edited by thejoker; 12-09-18 at 13:08.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Best to leave it off until you use some thermal adhesive to stick the heatsink back.

The CPU heatsink cools the CPU, not the whole receiver.