Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to remove providers and add channels to favourites

Title
    Thanks

How to remove providers and add channels to favourites

Any help with removing unwanted providers, when I first set up the box I seemed to scan everything in the dishes range, from reading old posts on here I scanned the correct freesat east midlands but have seemed to have scanned in BskyB with only the fta channels working SES SES Astra and
    UNKNOWN with many channels but the fta ones only working.
    I would like to remove all the providers except freesat!!
    Also I have no idea how to move channels to favourites? any help in simple easy follow method!! also I noticed 4hd working in everything but freesat is it possible to move from the provider to favourites?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Please use the image support section.

Do you have any bouquets/favourites/groups created?
    If yes, how did you create them?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Confused.com View Post
    Also I have no idea how to move channels to favourites? any help in simple easy follow method!! also I noticed 4hd working in everything but freesat is it possible to move from the provider to favourites?
    One way if your box is connected to your home network is to use the web interface (webif)

First find the IP address of your box
    Menu -> Information -> Network -> IP

Now on your PC open up your web browser and type the IP address of you box into the address bar.
    This should open the web Interface (Webif) to your box

One on the options in the web interface is a bouquet editor.

In that you can populate the favourites bouquet, or create another bouquet of your own. First select favourites which at this time may be empty. Select a channel from the left hand box and add it to the favourites list in the right hand box. Once you have a list of channels in favourites you can pick any up with a click of the mouse button and move it up or down the list to get your preferred order.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

Confused.com (02-09-18)

Title
    Thanks
    No, and thankyou

Title
    Thanks

How to remove providers and add channels to

I presume the no is the answer to whether you have bouquets.

There are several ways of doing what you want.

Simplest. Setup ABM and create bouquets for Freesat only. There is a video guide in the guide section. Post back if you need a hand.

Let us know if that works for you. If not, we can suggest something else. No point confusing you further with too many options.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    I have bouquets with freesat,my concern was with the providers I stated I thought it would be a good idea to remove them as they seem to populate a thousand channels I don't need!! although there were some hd channels that worked in them I didn't have in freesat, I think I added when I configured the epg, I am a newbee and realise I will have to work on it but I have managed to get the box up and running with help on here.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Highlight on the one(s) you don’t want and press Menu > Remove entry.
    If I were you, I would use Sky UK for your provider instead of Freesat and select your Region and then just have Sky FTA only set to Yes and setup the remaining how you want and then Save. Then if you want to hide any Sections do so and then Save. Then Start Scan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you Andy,
    When you say highlight , channels? I still would be wanting to remove providers that I don't know where they come from!!

Title
    Thanks

How to remove providers and add channels to

Show a picture of what you mean. There is a guide to screen shots in my signature.

Also describe what button/menu you use to get there.

Do you have a motorised dish?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    Took all the other advice and now got sky fta east mids, I would have liked to do what you advised wit webif to set up and add to favourites, I was unable to get past a login box ?? I tried root and dreambox in both combinations with no luck.
    I configured the plugin ( I think) but no access, any help would be appreciatted

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    There's no need to configure OpenWebif when only accessing it from your local network.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ccs; 03-09-18 at 15:50.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Confused.com (03-09-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    I have found I can just remove scans or overwrite, I do not have a problem with bouquettes and the epg is working, I did want to know how to populate the favourites via webif but could not get past the login box trying root dreambox in different orders?
    Regards Alan

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you Im in now it was configured different to yours, still a bit unsure how to go on but will have a play, thank you again
    Alan

Title
    Thanks
    Use E-channelizer application on your PC. there is a tutorial on the website

17. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Confused.com (04-09-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you for that, I sorted out with webif what I wanted at the moment!! I did have a look at channelizer and that will definitely be my next steps going forward, There is not too much info out there regarding HD2400, and with my half knowledge and all the help from this site I'm up and running!!
    Thank you again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast