Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: FBC Configuration on Ultimo4K

Title
    Thanks

FBC Configuration on Ultimo4K

Hi,

I have 2x dual FBC tuners on my Ultimo 4K and just got a unicable II lnb installed today.

I’m pretty sure I have 7 tuners working correctly but I’m not sure the other 7 are working.

Tuners B and J seem to be tuners you don’t use on either physical tuner. Am I right here? Should I just connect the current tuner to previous one the whole way from C to P (skipping J). Or do I need a separate cable going to the second tuner?

Any help on the right way to configure this would be great.

Thanks in Advance

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I'm a novice to this too and have just installed a Unicable II LNB connected to the dual FBC tuner on my GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K.
    I may be wrong but on my system Tuners A & B are the physical tuners that you can connect a cable to.
    The other 6 virtual tuners can all be connected to tuner A with different SCR's to give 7 tuners from one unicable cable. (This is how mine is connected).
    I then have tuner B connected to a standard legacy diseqc switch giving me euro sats.
    If i had unicable to both tuners A & B, I would be able to share the virtual tuners between the two physical tuners.

I think your other dual tuner would need a physical cable connected to it. I don't think it can connect to a separate tuner internally.
    You can get a unicable splitter though, to split your existing cable to go to the other tuner, I think? ... and then connect the virtual tuners to that one.
    As I said I'm new to this too so hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be able to help us both

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (02-09-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts

A satellite FBC unit/module consists of two tuners with physical connections and 6 leaf tuners without physical connections.

The two physical connections can have different signal source. E.g. One motorised, one fixed/diseqc switch. It does not matter which way round.

There is internal linkage between the tuners that can be used. This only applies within the same FBC module. When configuring the tuners, there is an option for "connected". This is where you specify which tuner to piggy back off. You piggy back off the tuner that has a signal wire attached.

There is no linkage between FBC modules. If you have two tuner modules, i.e four physical connections, each module must have at least a signal wire attached to it. Currently, only the Ultimo 4K can have more than one FBC module/unit

If using a unicable LNB, the splitter can be next to the receiver.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

piran (03-10-20),Willo3092 (02-09-18)

Title
    Thanks
    So, a signal wire attached to tuner A. Tuners B-H will be connected to A, but must all have unique SCR assigned.

Another signal wire attached to tuner I. Tuners J-P connected to I. They must all have unique SCR assigned.

Note: I have used A and I for sake of simplicity. You can attach signal wire to B or J too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (02-09-18)

Title
    Thanks
    I shall move this thread to Unicable section later.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willo3092 View Post
    The other 6 virtual tuners can all be connected to tuner A with different SCR's to give 7 tuners from one unicable cable. (This is how mine is connected).
    You can have eight with only one signal wire connected.

I then have tuner B connected to a standard legacy diseqc switch giving me euro sats.
    If i had unicable to both tuners A & B, I would be able to share the virtual tuners between the two physical tuners.
    You can set one of the non-physical tuners to FBC automatic. This will give you more usage of the diseqc setup. This will become loop-through.

I think your other dual tuner would need a physical cable connected to it. I don't think it can connect to a separate tuner internally.
    You can get a unicable splitter though, to split your existing cable to go to the other tuner, I think? ... and then connect the virtual tuners to that one.
    You are correct.

I have edited the other thread to take in the tuner config changes Huevos and I made as well as remove the faulty driver specific workarounds.

May I also impress that Unicable and FBC are two separate technologies. The Unicable LNB can be connected to other devices with non-FBC tuners. Even a DM500 can use a Unicable 1 LNB. Best to buy sufficient splitters when ordering an LNB

10. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (02-09-18)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanks Abu, that clears things up nicely for me

.. one more question though. Can a single cable Unicable II LNB be split to feed legacy tuners on different receivers?

For example, can a standard Octo LNB be replaced with a Unicable II with the single cable going to a splitter in the loft that feeds other receivers?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Abu, that clears things up nicely for me

.. one more question though. Can a single cable Unicable II LNB be split to feed legacy tuners on different receivers?

For example, can a standard Octo LNB be replaced with a Unicable II with the single cable going to a splitter in the loft that feeds other receivers?
    Yes, it can. That is the setup I have. Two legacy STBs (two tuners on each) and the ultimo 4K which has 2xDual FBC.

I only use splitters, any satellite cable could use legacy or FBC, not dissimilar to how an aerial signal would be passed around.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phunkyfish For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (02-09-18),wozles (23-07-19)

Title
    Thanks

As in the other post, FBC and unicable are different technologies.

You can use a unicable LNB receiver with a legacy tuner provided the device/image supports Unicable. This may seem insignificant if you only have Enigma2 receivers. What if someone has a Freesat STB or TV with built in satellite tuner? If their device does not support unicable, they will need a legacy LNB. Some unicable LNBs have legacy ports for such setups. There are also switches.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Huevos (02-09-18),Willo3092 (02-09-18),wozles (23-07-19)