Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Motorised - anything worthwhile left?

Title
    Thanks

Motorised - anything worthwhile left?

Hi all,

I moved into my new place around 6 months ago and brought with me my 1M motorised dish and Vu+ Solo2 box. However I haven't installed them yet as I've been running IPTV on an Android box fairly well since moving in.

Question is - is there anything decent left to view with a motorised setup? Pretty much have everything I need on IPTV. I only ask because I'm so reluctant to get rid of the motorised to (too many fond memories to tinkering and scanning over the last 10 years or so!)

Any help/opinions appreciated.

Thanks, Nik

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    The thing to remember is that IPTV is likely to be time limited e.g. at some stage it will be blocked - sure people will do their best to overcome restrictions and find an alternative - but with the dish you can always go direct to the sat feeds.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (27-08-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    The thing to remember is that IPTV is likely to be time limited e.g. at some stage it will be blocked - sure people will do their best to overcome restrictions and find an alternative - but with the dish you can always go direct to the sat feeds.

Thanks - but from my understanding, I thought most channels on sat are blocked? At least the HD ones anyway.

Title
    Thanks
    Well, there are still a lot around and obviously some use cards that can be bought and used in the receiver ..... obviously not Sky UK (although Sky Germany is still doable).... so it depends on what you want to watch ... I have to admit I have kind of become bored with all the US series - so gone back to European stuff....
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Thanks
    I think 19.2 + 13,0 & 28.2E are good are there any other worth while frequency's out there for the UK ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Also iptv is minutes behind.. I take it with motorised satellite it would not be that behind right?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    There is still stuff on satellite, both fta and encrypted. Only 2 providers really have been lost. Sky UK and Sky Italia. Pretty much everything else works as before.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    Also iptv is minutes behind.. I take it with motorised satellite it would not be that behind right?
    My IPTV runs about 15 seconds behind the SD satellite feed, but is substantially better quality so worth the delay. I mean, if you use Cable feeds they run about 45 seconds behind sky anyway!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    There is even difference between Terrestrial and satellite.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    My IPTV runs about 15 seconds behind the SD satellite feed, but is substantially better quality so worth the delay. I mean, if you use Cable feeds they run about 45 seconds behind sky anyway!
    No way is cable 45 seconds behind sky satellite. That's not true at all. And all iptv servers that I've tested are way more than 15 seconds behind.. Some are like a minute and a half behind

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    No way is cable 45 seconds behind sky satellite. That's not true at all. And all iptv servers that I've tested are way more than 15 seconds behind.. Some are like a minute and a half behind
    It's a bit hit and miss I think. I've got 2 different providers and both are delayed on most occasions (but less then a minute) comparing to terrestrial. However, sometimes if you flick back to the same channel it reduces the delay. Must be a buffering type issue I think.

Delay isn't a massive issue for me tbh; prefer the higher quality streams with IPTV in comparison to Cable/Sat.

Think I'm going to bite the bullet and put up my box at least for sale. Maybe someone can make use of it.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Does it really matter if there is a short delay?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    ....... the one thing I don‘t see with IPTV is consistent continuous high quality, obviously I am watching the wrong streams but comments on the recent USA golf and Amazons tennis efforts would support me!!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

deltec (04-06-19)