Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Tags not working quite as expected.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts

Tags not working quite as expected.

I used an autotimer to record "Picnic at Hanging Rock".

As I'd already missed the first episode, I created a one off timer for the repeat.

This episode is in a group all on its own (Picnic_at_Hanging_Rock), the other 5 episodes are grouped together ok (Rock, Picnic, at, Hanging).

ViX-Night_HD skin.

Is a unique tag created for the autotimer when it is setup, and the one off timer is classed as a different recording with a different tag?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    A bit quiet on this thread.

Looking again thru' tags in my movie list, there are 3 or 4 other occasions where the tag has changed from the expected value of aaa,bbb,ccc to aaa_bbb_ccc

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Having had a look, you could bring some consistency to things by setting the autotimer setting Include autotimer name in tags. Only downside is that this'll give you tagnames containing underscores on everything, and anything that's matched on a partial title match will have the same tag, e.g. Grand Designs autotimer matching Grand Designs, Grand Designs New Zealand and Grand Designs I saw you coming pile of the year.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to simonc For This Useful Post:

ccs (24-11-18)

Title
    Thanks
    I've never used tags for series recording what I do is set autotimer to any day, any time and set 'require description to be unique' to 'any service/recording' and 'check for uniqueness in' to 'title and all descriptions' This seems to work perfectly and have never had any problems.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spanner123 View Post
    I've never used tags for series recording what I do is set autotimer to any day, any time and set 'require description to be unique' to 'any service/recording' and 'check for uniqueness in' to 'title and all descriptions' This seems to work perfectly and have never had any problems.
    It's not that tags don't work with autotimers, the problem is that a one off timer (epg+green,green) includes a "tags=" in the timer, eg tags="Rugby_League:_England_v_New_Zealand", whereas the same programme timer created by autotimer has no "tags" parameter.

This results in programmes created by "epg+green,green" and at a later date by an autotimer are grouped wrongly when using tags in movielist.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Yes, it'd be more consistent if there was a setting to allow you to not have timers tagged with the timer name

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simonc View Post
    Having had a look, you could bring some consistency to things by setting the autotimer setting Include autotimer name in tags. Only downside is that this'll give you tagnames containing underscores on everything, and anything that's matched on a partial title match will have the same tag, e.g. Grand Designs autotimer matching Grand Designs, Grand Designs New Zealand and Grand Designs I saw you coming pile of the year.
    I've changed the autotimer default for Include autotimer name in tags to yes, and that now appears to be consistent with one-off timers.

It's one of these parameters which lurks in the background - not showing in autotimer.xml, but having the desired effect in timers.xml.

I'll see how I get on, it'll take a while to confirm tags are working as I'd expect.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    If you set "Include AutoTimer name in tags" (an AutoTimer config option) to True you have the "_"' joined tag on all of them.
    I think...

Never used tags - I just put different types of recording into different directories, then sort by name + oldest first.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    If you set "Include AutoTimer name in tags" (an AutoTimer config option) to True you have the "_"' joined tag on all of them.
    I think...
    That's right, the same tag format that is already used in one-off timers.

I do use a few directories, but when the movielist gets a bit overgrown, tags are (should be) very handy.

The next ViX release may well encourage me to use more directories.