Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Problem receiving EPG

Gezza

Problem receiving EPG

Hi

New to all this so please understand i'm probably making basic mistakes...

I purchased the Tiviar Alpha + with openvix pre-installed as per advert for £99 plus HDD.

Set up everything as per the wizard, so i'm connected to the internet and run the test to confirm, set up the tuners to astra 28 etc and then changed to client mode.
    Installed softcam as advised by supplier cccam 2.1.4
    Installed the .cfg file in directory and rebooted.

The supplier confirms im connected to all three of their servers so all seems ok.

Set camsoft manager to cccam 2.1.4 and set it up to receive epg on reboot.

After reboot nothing comes from the server, no channels (epg)

Any idea? where i am going wrong.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    First we do not discuss CCcam and suppliers here.

Secondly your tuners should not be set to client mode unless your connecting to tuners on another receiver.

Also have you have actually scanned Astra 28.2 for services? If so exactly how?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Gezza

Support

Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    First we do not discuss CCcam and suppliers here.

Secondly your tuners should not be set to client mode unless your connecting to tuners on another receiver.

Also have you have actually scanned Astra 28.2 for services? If so exactly how?

Thanks for reply, as no support for setting up CCcam then not much use. Ill try online and if no good send back Thanks anyway

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    So you'd send back a brand new used product because your too lazy to learn how to use it?

We've never offered CCcam support on this forum and especially not for so called suppliers/providers!

You are totally mis-understanding Client mode, see here: http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/g...x-client-mode/ It's for using tuners from another enigma 2 receiver on your network, has nothing whatsoever to do with any softcam like CCcam.

I'd suggest that you set your tuners correctly as they should be and watch the video guides here http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/g.../video-guides/

AutobouquetsMaker for correct channel list for your area and Crossepg to setup EPG data download.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

john doe (23-08-18)

Gezza
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    So you'd send back a brand new used product because your too lazy to learn how to use it?

We've never offered CCcam support on this forum and especially not for so called suppliers/providers!

You are totally mis-understanding Client mode, see here: http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/g...x-client-mode/ It's for using tuners from another enigma 2 receiver on your network, has nothing whatsoever to do with any softcam like CCcam.

I'd suggest that you set your tuners correctly as they should be and watch the video guides here http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/g.../video-guides/

AutobouquetsMaker for correct channel list for your area and Crossepg to setup EPG data download.

As i said at the very start i'm new to all this and probably making basic mistakes, as there was no manual whatsoever with the equipment supplied i'm clutching at straws to set it up.

I originally set it up as non client and everything populated and the FTA channels were clear etc, however that is not what is want (i can buy a free view box for that).

I can not get CCcam to work and as you say you offer no support for third party softcam etc.

I understand just very disappointed. As the CCcam supplier says its a problem with the setting on my box and they have never heard of this box .

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezza View Post
    As i said at the very start i'm new to all this and probably making basic mistakes, as there was no manual whatsoever with the equipment supplied i'm clutching at straws to set it up.

I originally set it up as non client and everything populated and the FTA channels were clear etc, however that is not what is want (i can buy a free view box for that).

I can not get CCcam to work and as you say you offer no support for third party softcam etc.

I understand just very disappointed. As the CCcam supplier says its a problem with the setting on my box and they have never heard of this box .
    You do realise that cardsharing is illegal right?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    whichever cam you use will need to be setup. it doesn't come already setup. get on google and start reading. simple enough
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS