Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K keeps freezing

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,037 Times in 7,630 Posts
    Set the receiver up exactly like this and test it for at least 48 hours.

1) USB re-flash latest build.
    2) Setup for freesat only, use ABM to scan.
    3) Do not install anything or add any extras.

Just run as basic freesat with ABM scan. Leave running overnight viewing a freesat channel. Change channels as usual.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (24-08-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,887 Times in 2,242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Willo3092 View Post
    Twin sat tuners and twin cable tuners.
    Picture freezes but audio continues and unresponsive to the remote and has to be powered off and on with the rear switch.
    It's happening at least once per day.
    I have tried the latest OpenViX, OpenATV 6.2 and ItalySAT and it happens with all of them.
    No crash log is generated but I have attached today's debug log which started at 06:55 when restarted on a power timer.
    It seems to finish with TuxTxt entries but not sure what they are?
    The box froze about 20 minutes ago when the other half was watching QVC on 28.2.
    There are no recordings scheduled or in progress and she wasn't using the remote at the time.
    The box is set up the same as all my other boxes as far as the network is concerned and I have no issues with them.
    Hopefully someone can make sense of the log.
    Thanks, Willo
    Can you also post a picture of your tuner setup? .. and as the picture freezes on Sat (I am assuming it doesn't happen on cable?) what is the dish/cable setup into the receiver.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The dish is 80cm pointing at 19.2 with multi lnb's for 28.2, 19.2 and 13.0.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    The dish is 80cm pointing at 19.2 with multi lnb's for 28.2, 19.2 and 13.0.
    Thanks for the quick response - is tuner A a single cable to 28.2E or do all/rest sat cables go through a DiSeqC switch/multiswitch or ? and do all the other receivers attach to this switch??
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Tuner A is direct to the 28.2 lnb and Tuner B is through diseqc switch to 28.2, 19.2 and 13.0.

I've just swapped out the GigaBlue with an Octagon SF4008 because I'm on an afternoon shift at work so that Mrs W can watch TV without giving me grief.
    I've put the GigaBlue in my mancave with the same tuner/cable configuration as previous.

Title
    Thanks
    Tuner A is direct to the 28.2 lnb and Tuner B is through diseqc switch to 28.2, 19.2 and 13.0.

I've just swapped out the GigaBlue with an Octagon SF4008 because I'm on an afternoon shift at work so that Mrs W can watch TV without giving me grief.
    I've put the GigaBlue in my mancave with the same tuner/cable configuration as previous.
    So assuming everything attaches to the same dish (?), how do the Vu+, HD51, ET8500 and Formuler F1 and now Octagon SF4008 attach? and do they all pick up the same sats?
    There should not be an issue with the FBC tuners configuration, but ......
    Also because of the hdmi handshake I am assuming your boxes all go direct to TV's not through an amp?
    As you commented I haven't seen any GB driver issues for a loooong while, and over here they get pretty angry if there is an issue, so still looking for some special situation.

Apologies for all the Q's still
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I've got 2 x 80cm dishes with 3 lnb's on each. One dish is pointed at 28.2 and the other at 19.2.
    The HD51, ET8500 and Formuler F1 are connected to the 28.2 dish and the GigaBlue and my mancave are on the 19.2 dish.
    The Vu+ is cable only so doesn't connect to any of the dishes.
    (I do have an Octagon SF8 connected to the Vu+ in client mode but again, not connected to any dish).
    All boxes are connected directly to the TV's via HDMI and they are all sat/cable combo boxes connected to the same services.

I know it all sounds a bit OTT for a house with only 2 people in it but it's a hobby more than anything!
    I don't even watch much TV to be fair.

Title
    Thanks
    Sounds pretty normal to me!
    You need to follow Sicilians advice and see if the issue disappears.
    I would personally be tempted to replace at least the mancave 28.2E lnb with a unicable lnb with a couple of legacy outlets (removing the diseqc switch out of the loop) - then setup 6/7 tuners on 28.2 and the other on the 19.2/13 lnb diseqc switch. These lnb‘s are not expensive, compared to my multiswitches..... I guess one of these days I will try a straight unicable lnb on 28.2E, but due to my marginal signal have stuck with my Invacom C120 quattro plus cone.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I had been mulling over the option of upgrading to unicable but struggling to grasp how it works.
    I was thinking of getting rid of the euro lnb's on the mancave/gigablue dish and pointing it at 28.2 as I don't really watch the euro channels and Mrs W certainly doesn't.

What is confusing me is the best way to take full advantage of the FBC tuners in the Gigablue.
    There are 2 inputs but does that mean it's 2 FBC tuners? or is it a single FBC tuner with 2 inputs?

It's simple on the Vu+, 1 FBC cable tuner = 8 feeds in total
    If I had a single feed to the Gigablue from a unicable lnb how many tuners (virtual or otherwise) would work?

I know I can buy a unicable II lnb with one unicable output and 3 legacy outputs.
    2 legacy outputs can go to my mancave, would the other one need to go to the other input on the gigablue or is the unicable enough?
    I already have a twin shotgun cable from the dish to the GigaBlue so it's no effort to connect the other cable.
    ... or do you need 2 unicable lnb's to take full advantage of a twin FBC tuner?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your patience.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I may have found the answer here:

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post459299

So if I do away with the diseqc I would just leave tuner b unconfigured?

Title
    Thanks
    So the Giga FBC tuner is dual tuners sharing the 8 “tuner ports“ .
    So I have for example tuner A on 28.2E with 4 tuners and tuner B on 19.2E with 4 ports which means that as the separate multiswitches I use (for both 28.2E and 19.2E dishes, with the legacy ports going to the HD51 and another receiver) have 8 outputs, I split 4x4 between the Giga Quad and Giga UE.
    .... but with the right LNB you could do something similar.
    .. or just use tuner A and have 8 tuners dedicated to 28.2E
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (24-08-18)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Just to let you know that the freezing issues seem to be fixed now, thanks for all your help guys.
    I went back to vanilla ViX with no additional plugins or swap file and just freesat and simple 1080.
    I have gradually added my network mounts and providers over the last week and also fitted a unicable lnb.
    There were no issues until I installed oscam-latest and then the freezing started again.
    I am using the same config files as on my other boxes so don't think it was that.
    I have gone into settings and disabled the frozen cam check and haven't had a freeze in 48 hours now, fingers crossed.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (01-09-18),twol (01-09-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Willo, I just got my box only yesterday & had to reflash the latest Vix due to the box acting strange from the very first boot. I added an IPTV & one pluggin & went to work but had a text from the wife saying the box had frozen while watching freeview, had to do a hard reset then after that it's working again so far.... Hopefully I won't get too many problems now? (Fingers crossed)

Oh & thanks for all the help in the past Wilo with the sat/lines or firmware & skin stuff in the past on another forum.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Hello mate, apart from disabling the frozen cam check I had also noticed that the logs were sometimes showing 'TuxTxt cache cleared' when my Gigablue froze.
    In MENU > SETUP > SYSTEM > CUSTOMISE I have changed 'Enable teletext caching' to 'no'. I don't know for sure if this was an issue but it doesn't freeze now.
    Welcome to WoS btw More genuine hobbyists here rather than the people just wanting cheap satellite TV and not caring how they get it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (23-10-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12