Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DVB T2/C tuner not finding any channels.

Title
    Thanks
    I assume you mean string the 3 tuners together in 1 out 1 into 2 out 2 in 3(Tiviar). Anyway, that is what I have done, and the Tiviar finds the cable channels no problem straight away.

Title
    Thanks
    If nothing else, that has got me thinking, I might that cabling layout permeant when we get the current problem sorted :-)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Odd how it worked initially using the "latest copy of the Vix Image" you mentioned in your first post.

Was that 5.1.032 ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Lets keep constants, daisy chaining adds signal loss. Too much signal is also a problem.

Disable last Cable tuner on Gigablue (tuner 4), connect signal wire to tuner 3. Run ABM. Does that work?

Disable tuner 3, connect signal wire to tuner4, run AM. Does that work.

Connect signal wire directly into tiviar. Run ABM. does that work?

Title
    Thanks
    not sure if I have already replied to this, I can't see my messages, so just in case, I have done this

tuner 1 cable to in tuner 1 (pass through) out to tuner 2 in and tuner 2 (Pass through) out to Tiviar tuner in.

Scan works fine on Tiviar, all channels found.

Title
    Thanks
    Reply to ccs :- Yes it was 5.1.032 (just checked in my downloads and that is the only images I have downloaded lately) , I did have an initial problem and sent the cards back to get them checked (same issue as this) but flattening the box and re-flashing fixed it. could it be some sort of cache issue, is there a way of really clearing the memory, more than a factory reset?
    Last edited by deggsy999; 22-08-18 at 16:12.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Abu, I could try that but my signal strength on all my cards (something I checked before I ran the scan) is just above 90% with all 3 tuners connected. And I have a in line attenuator from my feed cable, again how it has always been.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Factory reset doesn't really do anything (it gets rid of your settings, but the image is left as is), a re-flash is what you want to get you going again from scratch.
    Last edited by ccs; 22-08-18 at 16:20.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (25-08-18)

Title
    Thanks

DVB T2/C tuner not finting any channels.

The signal from Virgin flactuates, your setup may not have changed, other factors may have.

Please re-read my post for tests to conduct.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok,
    Tuner 4 disabled, cable directly into tuner 3 nothing in passthrough, signal strength 91% ABM ran found no channels, error message displayed
    Tuner 3 disabled, cable directly into tuner 4 nothing in passthrough, signal strength 92% ABM ran found no channels, error message displayed
    Cable directly into tuner Tiviar nothing else connected, signal strength 91% ABM ran found all cable channels.

just a extra bit of background and this is not aimed at you Abu, but just in case other people are reading this post:-

I have a HNC in Electronics.
    I taught Computer Engineering in college for 14 years.
    I worked for 7 years as a Computer programmer.
    I current work for a large multinational company as a systems analyst.

This is not a simple case of have I put the right cables in the right holes :-)

I am no expert on this particular system (which is why I am seeking help) but I have been through the basics before posting this.

Title
    Thanks
    We will have to look at this further. The Gigablues have always been most troublesome for cable ABM threads. Might be a driver change causing this.

Can you run that Nit Analyser on your Tiviar please?

Also as a separate test on your Tiviar, please clear services (command in putty guide), run ABM, then attach both lamedb files from /etc/Enigma2/

Title
    Thanks

DVB T2/C tuner not finting any channels.

Didn't mean to offend. Have to start at most basic level to rule things out.

I wouldn't place much weight on those signal readings from your receiver.

Title
    Thanks
    Will do, I will need to do it a bit later tonight though, the Tiviar is set up for my wife for German TV and she has just arrived home from work and she like to watch a bit of German TV and relax for a bit, so I don't want to start fiddling with it just now, I need to keep the peace lol.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Abu, sorry, you didn't offend at all, you are working through things methodically. its just that I have read enough posts on this forum to realist that people start asking simple questions, like "have you enabled the tuner", or "have you checked the wire is plugged in correctly" or "have you made sure it has petrol in it" LOL. in this case it doesn't progress things much.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Abu,

Please find attached files from Tiviar, I think I have them all.
    Attached Files Attached Files

17. The Following User Says Thank You to deggsy999 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (22-08-18)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast